Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

West of Santander - any first night camping recommendations max 1hr half or so out from port?

chadders

chadders

Olly
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Brittany Ferries arrival at Santander is approx. 5.30pm so once off the boat and on our way I figure we’d be looking at 6pm on the road. Looking to go West toward the Picos so being sensible ideally looking to arrive at a ‘site no later than 7.30pm to avoid site offices being closed. Be grateful up for any pointers - many thanks in advance

If you fancy an Aire then you could go to Cabarceno Wildlife park. It’s one of the best Aires we have ever stayed at and very very safe..Always plenty of space and right next to the park. There is a picnic area and it’s next to a small lake. There is a small village where you can get milk and other provisions. It’s about 24 KLM’s south and takes about half an hour to get there. We always stay there when we are on the way home. I can assure you that you won’t regret it.

Brittany Ferries arrival at Santander is approx. 5.30pm so once off the boat and on our way I figure we’d be looking at 6pm on the road. Looking to go West toward the Picos so being sensible ideally looking to arrive at a ‘site no later than 7.30pm to avoid site offices being closed. Be grateful up for any pointers - many thanks in advance

Last year we stayed at Camping Caravanning Oyambre, no more than an hour from Santander, westwards along the coast. We came off the boat at the same time as you and had no issues with reception closing etc. Worst case you check in at the bar.

It’s a superb site with a great bar, restaurant and pool. 10 mins walk down to the beach. We were only going to stay 2 nights, ended up staying 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed here returning from Portugal , evening meal at the hotel adjacent was excellent & very reasonably priced. Lovely area too.

If you fancy an Aire then you could go to Cabarceno Wildlife park. It’s one of the best Aires we have ever stayed at and very very safe..Always plenty of space and right next to the park. There is a picnic area and it’s next to a small lake. There is a small village where you can get milk and other provisions. It’s about 24 KLM’s south and takes about half an hour to get there. We always stay there when we are on the way home. I can assure you that you won’t regret it.
Thanks for the recommendation much appreciated.

Last year we stayed at Camping Caravanning Oyambre, no more than an hour from Santander, westwards along the coast. We came off the boat at the same time as you and had no issues with reception closing etc. Worst case you check in at the bar.

It’s a superb site with a great bar, restaurant and pool. 10 mins walk down to the beach. We were only going to stay 2 nights, ended up staying 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks i’ve also found this site on Acsi which is a bonus - many thanks for coming back to me.

We stayed here returning from Portugal , evening meal at the hotel adjacent was excellent & very reasonably priced. Lovely area too.
Hi, we’ll give this a look and appreciate the help.

Back