Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

post #3696 reported the 05S bellows leaked
I think this Is this the only reported O5S forum reported leak so far and then it was a self test with hosepipe so not sure of the test set up? What was the follow up?
So far surely no news is good news?
can anyone confirm or claim otherwise?
It hasn’t been a glorious summer so far so good exposure to elements and there must be O5S replacements or new vans with them already Installed?
what’s the news out there ?
I was also at a Dealers yesterday who believed the O5S had fixed the issue from their experience so far…but I know some of us have heard all that before?
Lets Poole our info for an up to date review of O5S

Last edited:
I think this Is this the only reported O5S forum reported leak so far and then it was a self test with hosepipe so not sure of the test set up? What was the follow up?
So far surely no news is good news?
can anyone confirm or claim otherwise?
It hasn’t been a glorious summer so far so good exposure to elements and there must be O5S replacements or new vans with them already Installed?
what’s the news out there ?
I was also at a Dealers yesterday who believed the O5S had fixed the issue from their experience so far…but I know some of us have heard all that before?
Lets Poole our info for an up to date review of O5S
My 05S is being fitted this week by my pragmatic and helpful Dealer service manager. My 03S was a slight leaker, fixed with Fabsil / Aquatex but the rubber seal at the bottom developed a slight tear, so the Service Manager said to replace it under warranty for 'peace of mind'. So I'm watching 05S comments with interest. PS. All my 03S testing was in real rain rather than hosepipe...

My 05S is being fitted this week by my pragmatic and helpful Dealer service manager. My 03S was a slight leaker, fixed with Fabsil / Aquatex but the rubber seal at the bottom developed a slight tear, so the Service Manager said to replace it under warranty for 'peace of mind'. So I'm watching 05S comments with interest. PS. All my 03S testing was in real rain rather than hosepipe...
Keep us all posted with your findings and fingers crossed for you this time .

Back