18" Toluca or Springfield Alloys

2haw

2haw

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello,

I've currently got a Beach Edition assigned in my name and subject to the dealer receiving it and me seeing it, will probably find it too hard to resist.

However, I'm not overly keen on the Black & Silver Cascavel wheels and think that either the 18" Toluca or 18" Black Springfield alloys would look much better.

So, dreaming ahead, does anybody know or have bought either of these alloys from a VW parts department and know how much they would be?

As Reserves say you won't get much change out of £1500 for second hand, brand new you are looking at over £2500

As above, very expensive. 18" VW Sportline alloys are a lot cheaper.

Another thing to consider with the 18s is the limited choice you'll have for tyres. If you want to stay with the original size, it's a bit of an oddball and thus there aren't many options. 17" options on the other hand, you're spoiled for choice. Just something to think about.

Having said all that, the Tolucas get my vote for the Edition. IMO, that's a really nice comination. As mentioned, pretty rare so they stand out in the crowd.

My vote would be for Springfield alloys. We have a set of Tolucas on a Golf and although a few years old we've just spent over £400 having them refinished last week as they had started to blow on the edges. In saying that I know two tone alloys do this and we have no great regrets with ours as they do look good.

Edit to say blowing was on edges between black and polished area and not because they were curbed :0)

Last edited:
I'll enquire with the parts department when I visit the dealer. I do think the Toluca will suit the Edition more.

I'll let you know how I get on..

Toluca looks great.
But far to expensive.
Personally I would get some BBS or Borbet alloys and save a few £££

Toluca looks great.
But far to expensive.
Personally I would get some BBS or Borbet alloys and save a few £££

For some reason, I've never been keen on the after market look. It would have to be Toluca or Springfields for me.

I should add that I really love the Discus alloys too but I don't think they would suit the Edition.

I have got 18" Toluca with Continental Sport Contact 5. Paid a smidge under 2.000 € for a set incl. bolt covers and shipping. I got them from Germany to Denmark. For me, it was 1/2 of the price VW asked for. That was two years ago … not sure if the price has gone up or down ;-)

For some reason, I've never been keen on the after market look. It would have to be Toluca or Springfields for me.

I should add that I really love the Discus alloys too but I don't think they would suit the Edition.
Our van came with Springfield’s and I don’t know why the dealer put them on, they don’t look anything special to me. Personal preference I suppose. I like the Tolucas though :thumb

Our van came with Springfield’s and I don’t know why the dealer put them on, they don’t look anything special to me. Personal preference I suppose. I like the Tolucas though :thumb

I'm the other way round, like the Springfield's.

Yeah if you don't like the Springfields, do you fancy swapping them for some Black cascavels and a tenner? :thumb :thumb

Definitely get Tolucas. They are by far the best looking VW wheel (in my opinion!).

Yeah if you don't like the Springfields, do you fancy swapping them for some Black cascavels and a tenner? :thumb :thumb
Change the Cascavels for Tolucas and you're on! ;)

Hello,

I've currently got a Beach Edition assigned in my name and subject to the dealer receiving it and me seeing it, will probably find it too hard to resist.

However, I'm not overly keen on the Black & Silver Cascavel wheels and think that either the 18" Toluca or 18" Black Springfield alloys would look much better.

So, dreaming ahead, does anybody know or have bought either of these alloys from a VW parts department and know how much they would be?
I have a set of Tolucas almost new with Bridgestone with 200 miles on I might let go, annoyingly I have a small kerb mark on one (leaving the dealer!) which will cost £80 to sort PM
If interested

I have a set of Tolucas almost new with Bridgestone with 200 miles on I might let go, annoyingly I have a small kerb mark on one (leaving the dealer!) which will cost £80 to sort PM
If interested

If the dealer ever gets the Edition in, and if I buy it, I may send you a PM! What did you change them for?

Back