Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st Cali - Bertie - needs tlc so fingers crossed he's ok....

Welcome to the forum Nice looking van

Hi and a friendly welcome!

That's a beauty! 102 or 150hp?

Like it :thumb

Looks well looked after, what TLC does it need?

Like it :thumb

Looks well looked after, what TLC does it need?
It needs body work actually, rust sorting plus lots of minor dinks and chips

getting underneath checked out today too

seems like a need a local reliable person to cut out rot in a few places and replace with new metal before spray job - any ideas in Gwent area of someone who knows T4's well?

Surprised you're cutting out on a 2003. I've been sounding out a few restorers to do some tidying up on mine (front wheel arch and windscreen surround) but non have mentioned cutting out.
Which areas are the worst?

Hi Stef,
Congratulations on getting your new Cali.
Very nice. Bertie is a very apt name for a lovely solid and reliable van.
I gave up my little part time business a couple of years ago and decided to sell my 2002 T4 102 bhp lwb panel van. I had owned it for 9 years and apart from items that you usually expect to replace due to wear and tear, I never had a single problem with it. I still miss it now.
Its well worth having the body issues properly done as T4s will go on for years and hold their value incredibly well. I paid £9800 for my panel van in 2005 and sold it for £6700 in 2014! I had so many calls about it that I could have sold it a dozen times over. However its future value isn't really the point, it is what you will be able to do with it that is the important issue here!
What is Bertie's colour called?
I hope you have lots of adventures in it.
Best wishes
Paul

Last edited: