Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st camp

DJE

DJE

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi club

With the help of the forums and club I took the plunge and bought a new Ocean collected on a Saturday, 180 miles to Devon campsite by Sunday, first camping trip in years, with a divert to pickup a drive away awning enroute
Arriving late it was a race to setup but somehow after much scratching of head and a bit of swearing got the lot setup before we lost the day light probably to the amusement of our fellow campers:). Wife and 2 kids loved the weekend we went with the basics just to find out what we need and get used to the van
The Club and forum have been invaluable so many more trips planned
Couple of questions the internal table is this locked down in position ( vertical) as I can’t find a way to slide forward to then open and use
Anyone else find the climate control is either ice cold or too hot there seems to be no middle ground
Vw 5 year extended warranty is this worth it I have a couple of weeks to decide

Welcome here

Loved to see some pictures
I would buy the extended warranty.

Happy camping!

Hello and welcome,

Your table should have a little lever that you push in to the left, (located about 4” from the top right corner when vertical) and will allow you to slide it along the rail to the right. Then you just pull it up and on the underside, there is a single hinged leg. This pops out (quite stiff when new but you won’t break it) and then you can see a red button which you press to lower the leg position.

Hope that helps. :thumb

Anyone else find the climate control is either ice cold or too hot there seems to be no middle ground

• release by hand behind the table push lever
  • 100% must get 5 year cover

Table...Chris can help....at about 5.00 min

To be honest these video are quite good for an initial intro to your van.

In this vid they discuss the heating controls...at about 12.53 min.

Absolutely go for the extended warranty! One of the reasons I bought a new one.

Congratulation on your purchase - glad you are already enjoying it!
The table. Here is a pic of the lever you must push before you can slide it out.
5 year extended warranty? - don’t let the 2 weeks go by. You should take it with out doubt.

E4404521-0923-470C-87D6-13555CF9B3A8.jpeg

Fantastic replies/advice thank you all, I'll check out the table great forum and loving the California

Well, everyone else has sorted out your table issue and just for me to say ...

Welcome!!

:D

Hi club

With the help of the forums and club I took the plunge and bought a new Ocean collected on a Saturday, 180 miles to Devon campsite by Sunday, first camping trip in years, with a divert to pickup a drive away awning enroute
Arriving late it was a race to setup but somehow after much scratching of head and a bit of swearing got the lot setup before we lost the day light probably to the amusement of our fellow campers:). Wife and 2 kids loved the weekend we went with the basics just to find out what we need and get used to the van
The Club and forum have been invaluable so many more trips planned
Couple of questions the internal table is this locked down in position ( vertical) as I can’t find a way to slide forward to then open and use

Warranty no brainer.

I’m coming round to the warranty extension idea as it’s a 100% vote I guess in years 4-5 it only takes one or two claims to pay for itself/justify it

Thanks Jason for the video links good pointers in those

You are right about the climate control...I hoped the video above was going to magically explain what I am doing wrong. My guess is that due to the sheer size of the interior of the van it is not able to accurately measure the temperature. Have given up trying to get it right and have resorted to angling the vents away from my arms but having it cooler than I would like.

Took mine to listers Coventry for a few snagging issues, I happened to mention the climate control as with more use it does seem to be all over the place one side blows hot while the other cold at random so you’re always turning temp /fan up or down to compensate , normally with these you don’t have to give them a second thought anyhow listers have ordered new controls so it’ll be back in again
I’ll update if that resolves for anyone else having the issue
Biggest issue now though whilst packing van for another weekend away the roof wouldn’t fully close (front OS corner) left ajar by about 2” with some nasty mechanical noises
Too me it looks like the scissor arms are out of line when closing catching and damaging paint work next to the rails after a lot of faffing and a bit of a shove it locked down