Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st to 2nd "lurch"

C

Caliburt

VIP Member
Can't see this already covered other than references to clutch judder but....

Have my new Cali 140 and find that when I change from 1st to 2nd on medium/hard acceleration that is a noticeable lurch as the vehicle loses momentum changing 1st to 2nd, feels like the engine shifting on its engine mounts is best way I can describe. If I change sooner and try really hard to declutch smoothly I can eliminate it.

Is this normal? I am under warranty etc. so not overly concerned.

Thanks!

I have a fairly new 140 and the gearchange is pretty smooth I have to say. Having said that I had a similar problem on an Audi A4 and the dealers ended up changing the clutch to resolve it.

I think in your situation I'd go back to the dealer and get one of the technicians to take it out as starting point.

Re: 1st to 2nd "lurch"

My 180 berg manual box is a pleasure to use ,but as everything when cold ,slightly notchy

Re: 1st to 2nd

choplee said:
My 180 berg manual box is a pleasure to use ,but as everything when cold ,slightly notchy

Lee

Don't you fancy an auto lol

James

Re: 1st to 2nd "lurch"

Custard said:
choplee said:

Lee

Don't you fancy an auto lol

James

Trying to keep arms ,legs and brain as active as possible for as long as possible James and every little helps as I well know in my line of work .

Back