Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2011 DSG Gearbox Cover - Serious Corrosion

G

gatvol

Just a warning here for T5 DSG owners.

Mine is below 80k miles, always garaged, little winter use, very limited exposure to the seaside air, never been on a beach.

This is my DSG metal cover. It was picked up by the MOT tester. It wasn't a MOT fail, but we were both shocked by the extent of corrosion and delamination. Zoom in to see it.

A bit of rust treatment and paint now might save you a £525 repair. The cover itself is only 43 plus VAT.

IMG-20231201-WA0005.jpg

Unless a garage is large, heated and very well ventilated and the vehicle totally dry when garaged then a garage is the ideal breeding ground for rust to develope. Most garages have a much higher humidity than the outside air and poor ventilation so it takes a lot longer for a vehicle to dry off totally, especially the underside.

Just a warning here for T5 DSG owners.

Mine is below 80k miles, always garaged, little winter use, very limited exposure to the seaside air, never been on a beach.

This is my DSG metal cover. It was picked up by the MOT tester. It wasn't a MOT fail, but we were both shocked by the extent of corrosion and delamination. Zoom in to see it.

A bit of rust treatment and paint now might save you a £525 repair. The cover itself is only 43 plus VAT.

View attachment 117734
Thanks for posting i will lanoguard mine asap

Back