Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 Cali

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 2013 and 2015 DSG California. Is it worth spending a bit extra for a later year
I heard that there is a roof upgrade on the later models?
What year did the T6 appear?

Both the models you describe are the same

T6 was 2016. The roof 'corrosion' prevention measures have been getting better as the years pass. The front cap may be a bit better protected against corrosion on the later one, but the earlier should just be eligible (or at least already repaired / on the list) for free repair.

Last edited:
Hi can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 2013 and 2015 DSG California. Is it worth spending a bit extra for a later year
I heard that there is a roof upgrade on the later models?
What year did the T6 appear?
The Galvanic Corrosion under the Seal on the Elevating Roof is present on All models, you mentioned, including the T6 up until the 2017 model when they started fitting a special tape under that seal. Time will tell if it is effective. This tape is a retrofit by VW for ALL vehicles from 2010.
The Galvanic Corrosion on the NON Elevating section above the windscreen was Apparantly fixed for Model Year 2015 , so from July 2014.
My 2014 Dec model is free of this problem, still.

My 2015 T5 has no roof corrosion either after recent service and check. Tape was applied as per re call.