Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2020 GC600 New Owners

C

clivebryant

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All, we are Clive & Zoe, and we are now proud owners of a Blue & White Grand Cali. Following years of thinking having a campervan but not wanting to pay for hire, we took the plunge early in April on a one year old used Cali with only 2,000 miles on its clock.

The purchase was something of a 'leap of faith' for us as there don't seem to be many available on the market just now and it didn't feel we had the luxury of time to decide if we wanted it or not!. We opted for the 600 over the 680 as the kids also want to use it and their licences don't cover them for the heavier vehicle!

Already done some short overnight trips and discovered a number of snags (which are being resolved under warranty).

Any hints, tips or advice always appreciated...

What snags did you come across?

:welcome Welcome guys, obligatory pictures of your camper please.

:welcome Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new van. Hope you manage to get out on lots of trips this summer now things are easing in the UK.

What snags did you come across?
Three snags so far though one is not VW related..

- the external shower attachment valve leaks profusely so we’ve had to attach the shower head and keep it on until repair
- the fridge door is ill fitting, the mechanics have decided that new runners will fix that
- we had a tracker fitted (required for the insurance) but it failed in under two weeks, repair imminent.

I’m confused at why the diesel/electric heater turns itself off overnight. Have managed to overcome that for now by turning it off and on again just before turning in for the night. Probably user error but I haven’t sussed it yet. That’s one for another thread I suspect...

Hey, Clive & Zoe!
Welcome. Like yourselves, we are about to be GC owners. Great pics of your new baby there!
Ian & Ross