Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2021 Cherry Red 6.1 Coast 4motion arrived wood floor great!

Tomato

Tomato

Vehicle
N/A
Just put on the discus wheels and cross climate tyres from the old Beach, but all the low spec cheapskate headlights, rear lights, fogs, radio and dash all look good. IMHO. Floor not quite a match for the doors but better than the Ocean sea of grey cupboards...so hopefully back to UK for these definite upgrades:
Twin trackers
Spare wheel lock
Remap Revo 199HP
Debadge Coast, California side and rear
Steel floor safe
Kampa 4g data wifi with aeriel in / on roof
Wrap top half in white, black door pillars
Waeco in boot as freezer
Flush portapotti in cupboard under hob
Security film

Maybes
Revo brake upgrade
LED Lazer driving lights in grill - will see how standard items are

Excited! Just need lockdown to end to go get it in Germany :(

4E28540C-4F3E-49C7-B60F-AEEC8FB98253.jpeg

F0B16A9F-0BFC-4E06-81ED-BF242FF18296.jpeg

948388F3-52AB-42B6-BC9D-A8D87F622B1E.jpeg

F8371E47-9188-4BE5-B0D0-2F37A97F5179.jpeg

5AE148D9-0887-4911-99F6-245F368C4963.jpeg

6C6E3B02-6E07-497B-B4C1-34E11BC952DA.jpeg

581E3377-2821-4D4B-B970-263E2CD80A58.jpeg

FBA39723-99EB-40D0-8136-DD33BECA1DB6.jpeg

504B8FFF-5EEF-4B3F-9FF6-C16ED85FD5CA.jpeg

More wood

A8DC3E9C-111A-4C2B-8C4E-02C44B924E0E.jpeg

Looks great. Have a beach coming in the same colour. Happy to pop across the border and look after it for you until U.K. opens up, no charge!

Looks great. Have a beach coming in the same colour. Happy to pop across the border and look after it for you until U.K. opens up, no charge!
Very kind offer! You can pop over and pick up the new spare set of cool multi spoke steel wheels sitting there...

EEAFA545-B107-4F22-91CF-41DE0F975CC5.jpeg

If of interest this was my cheapskate spec

EUR 0 Both front seats swivel/ turn round

EUR 236 Extra front window in canvas, so 3 windows in pop top / basaltgrey

EUR 469 Wood floor

EUR 1.538 Auxiliary heater ( no remote needed)

EUR 0 Cruise control

EUR 0 Plug in 230v

EUR 274 Comfort mattress

EUR 65 80L tank

EUR 581 Cheapest parking option with front and rear sensors

EUR 257 rear camera

EUR 37 Rubber front mats

EUR 878 Komfortpaket Climatronic

EUR 0 Sitzbezüge in "Mixed Dots"

EUR 693 Akustik-Paket

Paint no charge

Acoustic glass gave privacy glass and opening side window too from memory so worthwhile plus my old 6.1 Beach was whisper quiet so was worried it might be noisier/ less insulated

Looks very nice :)
Why is it a cheapskate option? Looks like you've gone for quite a few additional extras

I like the steel wheels.
Why didn't you get an awning, i thought they were
a better deal ordering from new.

The wood Coast interior looks better than the grey Ocean, but the steel wheels look better than the white discus on a red van imo

The wood Coast interior looks better than the grey Ocean, but the steel wheels look better than the white discus on a red van imo
I think he is gonna get it all sprayed white and then get
the bottom wrapped red.

I think he is gonna get it all sprayed white and then get
the bottom wrapped red.
Ah well then it’s the discus every time the van has white on it. Tremendous wheels

I like the steel wheels.
Why didn't you get an awning, i thought they were
a better deal ordering from new.
I love those steel wheels! But already had old set of the disc alloys with lovely cross climate XL tyres on so have to put those on.

Don't like the look of the VW awning, too 1980’s caravan, prefer a Van non camper look, plus batwing type 270 degree awnings better

Looks very nice :)
Why is it a cheapskate option? Looks like you've gone for quite a few additional extras
Thank you.
A few options there true...no LED lights inside, free paint, base front and rear lights, no remote for heater...just really wanted either essential for me or essential for resale - no frippery

Just put on the discus wheels and cross climate tyres from the old Beach, but all the low spec cheapskate headlights, rear lights, fogs, radio and dash all look good. IMHO. Floor not quite a match for the doors but better than the Ocean sea of grey cupboards...so hopefully back to UK for these definite upgrades:
Twin trackers
Spare wheel lock
Remap Revo 199HP
Steel floor safe
Waeco in boot as freezer
Security film

Maybes
Revo brake upgrade

View attachment 74006

View attachment 74007

View attachment 74008

View attachment 74009

View attachment 74010

View attachment 74011

View attachment 74012

View attachment 74013

View attachment 74014

More wood

View attachment 74015
Loving the floor. Very nice.

Twin trackers
Spare wheel lock
Remap Revo 199HP
Steel floor safe
Waeco in boot as freezer
Security film

Maybes
Revo brake upgrade

View attachment 74006

View attachment 74007

View attachment 74008

View attachment 74009

View attachment 74010

View attachment 74011

View attachment 74012

View attachment 74013

View attachment 74014

More wood

View attachment 74015
Love those discus wheels :thumb

Looks fab, will look even better wrapped, I think the front bumper is improved if front fogs are fitted.
It does look a little bare/ deleted around the foglight area I agree.., practical for bumps and scrapes but still rather bare, black plastic...adds to the "don't charge me extra for the Eurostar and please let me into Monaco it's not a camper honest" look I wanted

I wish the guy who sold me the Coast told me it came with the super cool steel wheels that I'm thinking I might even prefer to the discs....anyway too late

I wish the guy who sold me the Coast told me it came with the super cool steel wheels that I'm thinking I might even prefer to the discs....anyway too late
Winter tyres on the steels, keep the discus looking mint?

Looks great - also appreciate the pics of the ‘wood’ floor - have Ocean on order with it specified

Winter tyres on the steels, keep the discus looking mint?
Disci already fitted with pricey all season tyres otherwise I would...but good thinking. Also 18’s might help with front brake upgrade. Revo guy just mentioned he thinks 2021 6.1’s have SMALLER brakes than 2020...cant be true. Anyway will find out :horror:

Looks great - also appreciate the pics of the ‘wood’ floor - have Ocean on order with it specified
The old 6.1 floor didn’t work for wood floor loving Danish wife - formed an important part of the “let’s order a £55,000 van during a global financial meltdown Darling” sales pitch

Disci already fitted with pricey all season tyres otherwise I would...but good thinking. Also 18’s might help with front brake upgrade. Revo guy just mentioned he thinks 2021 6.1’s have SMALLER brakes than 2020...cant be true. Anyway will find out :horror:
Those are 16" stock wheels so yes the brakes are smaller. There is an option to upgrade the front brakes which works well with the 17" Aracaju wheels on the Editions Pack Coast.
I also have a T6.1 LHD Coast or order. Are you registering it in the UK? Have you enquired about insurance? I'll have to investigate this myself depending on my country of residence in September.

Those are 16" stock wheels so yes the brakes are smaller. There is an option to upgrade the front brakes which works well with the 17" Aracaju wheels on the Editions Pack Coast.
I also have a T6.1 LHD Coast or order. Are you registering it in the UK? Have you enquired about insurance? I'll have to investigate this myself depending on my country of residence in September.
Not registering it in the UK, as we have left the EU. Resale back to the EU (quite likely whenever it’s sold again) would require EU VAT paid on top of UK VAT. That’ll kill its resale value. Plus the huge yearly UK road tax. Have made non UK arrangements for insurance as UK insurance policies cannot offer - no matter what - road risks for anything not on UK plates.

Bit disappointed I’ve got weeny brakes and missed the upgrade option...

Have decided that the two tone white over red with the white Discus wheels isnt for me anymore. The wheels looked fabulous on the white 6.1 but the basic looking Coast with no foglights has so little chrome I'm going down the Red Van with no chrome blacked out look instead...so I'll debadge, a tiny bit of black only wrapping to the B post and chrome grill bars and get meself some pimped black transporter looking alloys instead bruv' that 'll look bangin' as well as making my £55,000 California look very like a £25,000 VW transporter. Plus there might be a glimpse of the big red front brake upgrade through my new alloys unlike the Discus cover all option.

1614426416674.png

The rear sticker I bought wont look good either so that'll be going too 1614426665971.png

Hey @Corradobrit are you sure these are 16”? Would be really happy to hear of a 4Motion with 16s as that would help with my change of tyres on the imminent beach arrival. Much more choice for a decent overlanding tyre in 16s. (My raptor in picture was running 35” tyres on 16” rims!)

Hey @Corradobrit are you sure these are 16”? Would be really happy to hear of a 4Motion with 16s as that would help with my change of tyres on the imminent beach arrival. Much more choice for a decent overlanding tyre in 16s. (My raptor in picture was running 35” tyres on 16” rims!)
Standard wheels on the Cali are 16x6.5 steel.

Standard wheels on the Cali are 16x6.5 steel.
4Motion? We had this debate a few months ago and never got a satisfactory resolution, probably because of UK specs. Will be happy to know I can get a set of 16s, may have to go steal @Tomato s wheels!

Have decided that the two tone white over red with the white Discus wheels isnt for me anymore. The wheels looked fabulous on the white 6.1 but the basic looking Coast with no foglights has so little chrome I'm going down the Red Van with no chrome blacked out look instead...so I'll debadge, a tiny bit of black only wrapping to the B post and chrome grill bars and get meself some pimped black transporter looking alloys instead bruv' that 'll look bangin' as well as making my £55,000 California look very like a £25,000 VW transporter. Plus there might be a glimpse of the big red front brake upgrade through my new alloys unlike the Discus cover all option.

View attachment 74345
Great choice. My satin black HRE P40S will be going on the Pure Grey Cali Coast Edition. They are similar to these Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.01.56 AM.png

4Motion? We had this debate a few months ago and never got a satisfactory resolution, probably because of UK specs. Will be happy to know I can get a set of 16s, may have to go steal @Tomato s wheels!
I think Tomato's are 17" steelies from earlier gen Cali

Great choice. My satin black HRE P40S will be going on the Pure Grey Cali Coast Edition. They are similar to these View attachment 74358

I think Tomato's are 17" steelies from earlier gen Cali

My 2021 Cali is a few weeks old so the steelies wont be too much of an earlier gen model I hope...anyway due to arrive end of the month on a lorry from Germany so will check

Will be getting rid of the discus AND the steelies to fund black batmobile style alloys....might add a red plastic Gator rim protector for added red black theme harmony

Quite like the idea of BBS weight appropriate alloys to keep it OEM / VW semi approved but I do know HRE are of suitably high quality...

Back