Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2021 Cherry Red 6.1 Coast 4motion arrived wood floor great!

Wondered what that pot of silly tyre foam was for…jeez louis. And I bought a 3T bottle jack to replace the VW Polo spec widow maker scissor jack…Zzzzzz
I have a 3t bottle Jack, when/or if you get a flat the one I have doesn’t fit under when tyre is flat.
I have to drive flat up one of my levelling blocks to get it under.

No sport setting on the DSG…cant stay at 90 mph up a gently inclining autobahn either. Falls to 70mph. Am considering renaming it “weedy” - time for a BIG power upgrade. And brakes. Maybe.
Is it just the gearing? What’s it like in manual mode?

weedy 150 but off on Weds for REVO remap at Bognor Vans, Oli kindly checking the VIN. My previous 6.1 was also 150 but didnt lose steam up hills…somethings up…gearbox ratios? Latest emissions? Gutless
Very interested to hear what Oli says

Is it just the gearing? What’s it like in manual mode?
it struggles with the cruise control on, so manual mode not really of use, when cruise off I can, of course, put my foot down further.

I did notice my LHD Cali has a wonderful large area on the left of the pedals where I can rest my booted size 11’s, not the same in a RHD

it struggles with the cruise control on, so manual mode not really of use, when cruise off I can, of course, put my foot down further.

I did notice my LHD Cali has a wonderful large area on the left of the pedals where I can rest my booted size 11’s, not the same in a RHD
But is it struggling because its in too high a gear? change to manual mode whilst cruise is on & knock it down a gear or two & see if it slows down still when going uphills.
If that improves things its the gearbox that needs remaping, if it doesn't its the engine that needs more power.
Our old 140 would hold its speed on just about any incline, but struggled to regain speed once you had lost it.

But is it struggling because its in too high a gear? change to manual mode whilst cruise is on & knock it down a gear or two & see if it slows down still when going uphills.
If that improves things its the gearbox that needs remaping, if it doesn't its the engine that needs more power.
Our old 140 would hold its speed on just about any incline, but struggled to regain speed once you had lost it.
Good points, will give it a go, thank you

Very kind offer! You can pop over and pick up the new spare set of cool multi spoke steel wheels sitting there...

View attachment 74017

If of interest this was my cheapskate spec

EUR 0 Both front seats swivel/ turn round

EUR 236 Extra front window in canvas, so 3 windows in pop top / basaltgrey

EUR 469 Wood floor

EUR 1.538 Auxiliary heater ( no remote needed)

EUR 0 Cruise control

EUR 0 Plug in 230v

EUR 274 Comfort mattress

EUR 65 80L tank

EUR 581 Cheapest parking option with front and rear sensors

EUR 257 rear camera

EUR 37 Rubber front mats

EUR 878 Komfortpaket Climatronic

EUR 0 Sitzbezüge in "Mixed Dots"

EUR 693 Akustik-Paket

Paint no charge

Acoustic glass gave privacy glass and opening side window too from memory so worthwhile plus my old 6.1 Beach was whisper quiet so was worried it might be noisier/ less insulated
Very similar to my Ascot Grey California Coast which I pick up in 2 days, except I took 4MO and diff block. Your base wheels are the same as mine, but I am curious as to what seem to be referred to as discus wheels, which you have added your new Coast from your beach? Are they actually hub caps or wheels? I love thé look of the wheels on the T6, and if they are hub caps I wondered can one still get them easy?
Thanks a lot

Back to black…mouldings on

View attachment 84342
Does the table in the sliding door clear the wheel arch moulding OK.
I looked at these for the previous van & was persuaded by the dealers that there wasn't sufficient clearance.

Very similar to my Ascot Grey California Coast which I pick up in 2 days, except I took 4MO and diff block. Your base wheels are the same as mine, but I am curious as to what seem to be referred to as discus wheels, which you have added your new Coast from your beach? Are they actually hub caps or wheels? I love thé look of the wheels on the T6, and if they are hub caps I wondered can one still get them easy?
Thanks a lot
They’re alloys with a chrome disc caps, much admired but now no longer wanted, currently betrothed to a forum member but PM me if you’re interested if the chap falls through. They’ll be at Bognor Vans

Mine is 4motion
Thanks a lot
Mine is 4motion

Back