Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2nd or third time around

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I was just wondering how many Members have purchased more than one California,there seems to be a few on the forum at the moment ,which I think is a good thing,but what is the trend ,do people run them for 3 years and then buy another ? How long is it best to own one before changing it for another if you intend on using it indefinitely ?

Only got the one but....til death do us part....although cost of getting the gearbox overhauled did make me think twice.:(

+1 for long term ownership

We intend ours to be with us for a very long time!

We're on our second (just). Had our 140 SE manual for 4 years but always hankered after the 180 DSG. Grass is greener syndrome :confused:

I guess a lot of people will change when the warranty runs out.

Colin

We're on our second (just). Had our 140 SE manual for 4 years but always hankered after the 180 DSG. Grass is greener syndrome :confused:

I guess a lot of people will change when the warranty runs out.

Colin
How are you finding the new one compared to the 140?

How are you finding the new one compared to the 140?
Up to now, not a lot different in everyday driving. It does pick up quicker, but uses more fuel (however it is the 4wd version). Not really had chance to use it much yet, maybe I'll be glad of it when overtaking that slow moving vehicle ...

We got our van in December 2013 after a couple of years research to make sure we were doing the right thing as we intend to have it for a very long time :thumb

We got our van in December 2013 after a couple of years research to make sure we were doing the right thing as we intend to have it for a very long time :thumb

Hello
Same here bought ours in September 2013 we also intend to keep for a long time. We also decided to sell car and use Cali as our everyday vehicle which has turned out to be a success for us. The addition of the 5th seat help's with the grandchildren.

Me too - after only a few weeks I am most definitely attached to Ariadne and hope that we will be together for the long haul :happy She is my everyday and only vehicle too and this is working well for me - I can now spend all day looking forward to the drive home!

Maud

Hello
Same here bought ours in September 2013 we also intend to keep for a long time. We also decided to sell car and use Cali as our everyday vehicle which has turned out to be a success for us. The addition of the 5th seat help's with the grandchildren.

We have another small car (Fiat 500) which is my daily drive. The Cali is my husband's sometimes daily drive if he isn't biking/running to work :thumb

We didn't opt for the 5th seat but with 2 grandchildren already I hope there aren't any more for a while.:)

I had planned on changing mine at 3 years but now we are there the price of a new one has gone a little silly. I will probably keep it another couple of years.

Back