Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 solar panels possible for a Cali? Yep~

Feng Li

Feng Li

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Spent a whole Sunday, and here is the result… see photos
Upcoming test:
- performance; 540wp is unrealistic, 400? Inverter heat?
- highway survival, noise?
- water proof?
I will keep you guys posted.

mmexport1524427436187.jpg

That looks very tidy and I doubt you will ever run out of power again. It is worth remembering that any shadow on a panel even from cables will reduce that panels output by more than the simple surface area covered. Although with that much power I don't suspect you will have a problem ;).

Please keep us informed, looks very interesting!

That looks very tidy and I doubt you will ever run out of power again. It is worth remembering that any shadow on a panel even from cables will reduce that panels output by more than the simple surface area covered. Although with that much power I don't suspect you will have a problem ;).

Please keep us informed, looks very interesting!
Thanks for the advise, I will try to find out how much impact, if significant, I will reduce the length of some cables by making some new MC4 connectors. It's an overkill for current battery setup. See if we could have a proper option to upgrade to Lithium. I found guys in US could buy used Tesla Model S battery pack, 5KW for 1xxx USD, 24v would also works for my current setup. Germany don't have much cheap options around... :(

Back