Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4motion rear diff

Guy d

Guy d

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I wonder if anybody out there can help me. I am stuck in Andorra with a broken rear diff from a 2012 for motion California. I am looking for a second and differential with Diff lock and no there are some from different years on eBay. The question is, what changes between The T5, T5 .1 and T6? Is it the same differential for all three vehicle types or is there something more seriously different example electrics

I wonder if anybody out there can help me. I am stuck in Andorra with a broken rear diff from a 2012 for motion California. I am looking for a second and differential with Diff lock and no there are some from different years on eBay. The question is, what changes between The T5, T5 .1 and T6? Is it the same differential for all three vehicle types or is there something more seriously different example electrics
This might help.
Select Campmob - then year - then Rear Axle

Is it not possible to switch of the diff lock and drive home to the UK ?
You say you are stuck?

Its normally possible to remove the propshaft and remove the rear half shafts from the outer cv to get you into 2wd if the diff is fully broken. Vw Guru should be able to confirm.

Its normally possible to remove the propshaft and remove the rear half shafts from the outer cv to get you into 2wd if the diff is fully broken. Vw Guru should be able to confirm.
Front to rear drive would be disengaged which would normally put all the drive to this part (no load) or cause the haldex to put all drive to the front.
Only way that I've known this to work is on a mechanical transfer box where the transfer box is put into a locked state.
Think the Cali system wouldn't permit a simple disconnection of the prop shaft but my knowledge is low.

The haldex is different. Haldex cant put power to the front it only puts it to the rear.
The front angle gearbox (transfer box) spins the prop all the time, it has no clutch or torsen - very basic, just a bevel gear. The rear shafts spin the rear diff all the time. The haldex clutch just connects the two. Here is the thing if the clutch isnt working the vehicle doesnt throw a code as many have discovered when they get stuck. Disconnecting the plug to the haldex pump will stop the connection. Im assuming the op has a wrecked rear diff so needs to stop it spinning so half shaft disconnection is the only way..

Back