Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5 yr service plans - any views pls ?

G

gatvol

All

I have been driving 40 grand cars for a number of years now. What has struck me and a number of colleagues recently is that service costs are just getting out of control. On my audi s5, audi quoted me £860 for the 57,000 mile service including spark plugs for example and the car is probably only worth £20,000 now so bills like this are just huge

The California seems to have very low service costs - presumably as the T5 is a commercial product competing with trannies from Ford, Vauxhall etc

Has anyone bothered to go with the pay monthly, but get guaranteed service price services over 5yrs pls ?

This claims to give a discount of £253 over the current prices over the 5 years and if service costs go up with inflation over time you save even more

Thanks

I think they offer different service plans depending on buying new vs pre- registered. I bought new and took the 3yr/45000mile service plan at £295 + VAT. Would have opted for more years if it had been possible but not available/offered.

For me, I want to use my van and enjoy it without too many unexpected and large bills during my ownership, so went for this (plus extended warranty) - I've paid it now and hopefully won't have too many big bill coming my way for the next few years (other than every time I fill her up!)

I have been looking at the 3yr / 45k option as opposed to the 3yr/ 30k.
It seems like a good deal.

Just remember though, the first service is due at 2 years or 25k, and the second a further 2 years or 50k. So in 3 years, unless you do a massive mileage it will probably only need 1 service and 1 brake fluid change. I would say its cheaper to pay as you go. :thumb

I'm not sure if there is an option to change these to 12 month time and distance servicing - maybe Alex at SMG can clarify his?

As far as I am aware I don't see any reason why you cannot make the GP time and distance, you certainly can on the pre-facelift T5's. I would have to check but have never tried yet. We do get a lot of California's and campervans come in annually regardless of the service light.

The service plans we offer can be tailored to your needs, mileage and how many services you want etc...

cheers

Thanks Alex, I knew you'd know :thumb

On the Touran I had a three year plan all in for £200. I got the dealer to change to annual servicing so three services and a brake fluid change and AC check for £200 seemed good value!

Just to confirm that we can set GP's to time and distance servicing, I looked at one this morning and found the settings so it is possible to make it come in annually.

cheers

Was that my new one being delivered today, that you looked at Alex?

No, it was one that was in for service. I had a look at the various options when I was resetting the service indicator to see what we could do. I don't think that the service light can be reset from the dash like the pre-facelift T5 can.

cheers

I was offered a 5 year service plan on my new Beach it was going to cost about £24:00 per month that a saving of 10 percent over 5 years on today's prices. Does anyone think it's worth going for? :help

Back