Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th Seat? 6th seat?!? (2014 T5 California)

Fitz

Fitz

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Well, some mistakes where made and as a result soon we will be 5....

Trying to decide if getting a spare 5th seat is worth is, or if I should possibly sell my van.
I use it as a "daily driver"...although I don't drive everyday, when I do I use the Cali and we will have times were all 5 of us need to fit.

Any suggestions from "larger" ( > 4 ) families with a California?
Has anyone had the experience of having the 5th seat?
Looking at whats available on the used market and there is one with an "integrated child's seat", which I don't know if that is worth it?

My van has 3 rails, has anyone tried people in two seats? Either 2 of the bucket seats of a double seat...just in case there are twins.

Take the rear shelf out & it works really well as a five seater daily driver as the rear bench can be moved back to give proper leg room.

I have not found a second 2 seater bench that will fit in a cali at the same time as the existing one, the seat base is a lot deeper than the 5th seat so it takes up more room.

I used to use 2x 5th seats at the same time, it was tight but just about doable as long as at least one child was in a child seat & didnt need any legroom. The 3x seats have to share the middle rail & therefore have to be fitted one behind the other.

Another option is to change the front passenger seat for a double.

Back