Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Coast Emergency Call to 999

Cwcltd

Cwcltd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I had an unwelcome automated call from my 6.1 Coast to the 999 services yesterday. My Cali has the Emergency Call Service, and yesterday the automatic emergency call was connected to the 999 services after coming to a normal stop. It’s only supposed to activate if the airbags or belt tensioners are triggered. You cannot cancel it, but the 999 operator was very understanding and terminated the call. It’ll get looked at when the van goes in the workshop next week to get a towbar fitted.

You are not the first.

I’ve had 2 emergency calls from my ocean, once while parking in my garage and once while driving, and on the German forum there are several cases.

You can’t take the sim out as it’s an e-sim.

You are not the first.

I’ve had 2 emergency calls from my ocean, once while parking in my garage and once while driving, and on the German forum there are several cases.

You can’t take the sim out as it’s an e-sim.
In that case, I'd disable it in VCDS, maybe the dealer can do that for you.

Yet another reason why I will keep my 2010 for a little time longer.
I don't want all this driver aid systems.
We could do without it for over 100 years now. Why do we need it now?

Good thing they understood it was an unwanted call.

In that case, I'd disable it in VCDS, maybe the dealer can do that for you.
I very much doubt if they will as it is a requirement for all new vehicles registered within the EU and associated Countries so I gather.

I very much doubt if they will as it is a requirement for all new vehicles registered within the EU and associated Countries so I gather.

Hate to think what it will be like in 20 years lots of old bangers with dodgy electrics generating emergency calls left right and centre!

Buy a premium car in 2020 and it will come with
this feature, if your lucky it will have a concierge service
to call up also.
Unfortunately the OP has a problem with the system that will be
sorted out -probably new to VW-
There aren't any sim cards to remove.

Not really a bad thing Having this feature if you slid off the road in the middle of nowhere and was trapped this feature could save your life ...
I for one am glad ours has it, even though I called vw assist trying to switch on the cab interior light

Not really a bad thing Having this feature if you slid off the road in the middle of nowhere and was trapped this feature could save your life ...
I for one am glad ours has it, even though I called vw assist trying to switch on the cab interior light
Did they know how to switch on the lights?

Its right next to the int light button.easy to press the wrong one but I suppose it’s the best place for it :thumb
I can see you sitting there after something happened and you press the light button on and off to make a connection.

Back