Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 year long term review of our California

Thanks for the tips. Most of our trip will be in April.

We have chosen Spain because from next year we will have to stick to the kids summer holidays.
Catalonia in April should be mozzie free and I would be more worried about being cold at night that getting too hot during the day.

We head down there most years at Easter and get looked at as absolute nutcases by the locals as we wander around in shorts and T-shirts whilst they have fur coats hats and scarves on.

Also check the weather for your route through France, we normally go straight down the middle over the Millau bridge & on the higher bits it’s not unusual to have a bit of snow.

Catalonia in April should be mozzie free and I would be more worried about being cold at night that getting too hot during the day.

We head down there most years at Easter and get looked at as absolute nutcases by the locals as we wander around in shorts and T-shirts whilst they have fur coats hats and scarves on.

Also check the weather for your route through France, we normally go straight down the middle over the Millau bridge & on the higher bits it’s not unusual to have a bit of snow.

Thanks. Hoping the mozzies won’t be out. We have the diesel heater if it’s too cold. Getting the ferry from Plymouth there. Not sure how we are getting back yet.

Thanks for the tips. Most of our trip will be in April.

We have chosen Spain because from next year we will have to stick to the kids summer holidays.

We are keeping our plan fairly loose but aim to follow the coast except where there is something worth visiting inland.
If you get to Valencia the kids may like Gulliver

If you get chance, go to a big Decathlon store in France. It has now become a family event when we drive there. I’ve bought so much camping and outdoor gear and clothes from there over the years and random things like archery sets and inflatable kids body boards too!
Decathlon is always our first stop in France. Usually pop in to buy towels or something and have come out with a dingy, a surfboard and a tent!

Decathlon is always our first stop in France. Usually pop in to buy towels or something and have come out with a dingy, a surfboard and a tent!
That is so like us! I deliberately keep space in the van as I know we’ll load up on new gear. The amount of times I’ve nearly bought an inflatable kayak is hilarious

Back