Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

9 watt work lamp above kitchen unit

C

caliblue

caliblue
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
On our pre-facelift 2009 cali, the neon tube in the work light above the kitchen unit doesn't come on unless we give it a sharp tap.
Has anyone else had trouble with this light?
We have had the cover off and nothing appears loose.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Caliblue

If tube is blackened at each end it needs replacing, took mine out years ago and replaced with led lamp

John

John,

What LED's are you using? I was thinking that replacing all the internal lights with LED's as they fail will help towards limiting the drain on the battery. I've not used hook up power, so am always thinking about power usage and every little helps.

I understand that the 'kitchen' light alone is 9w, so about 3/4 ah.

Thanks in advance

They were from what i remember G4 leds from ultraleds warm white, wish i had gone for cool white as brighter white.

John :smile

Thanks for the info John. I'll put that on my list of winter projects..

johntowers46 said:
They were from what i remember G4 leds from ultraleds warm white, wish i had gone for cool white as brighter white.

John :smile
I went for cool white and wished afterwards that I'd gone for warm white!
Trouble is they don't match the other interior lights which aren't so easy to change.

johntowers46 said:
Changed them as well for led's

John

Yup... did the same, changed the lot almost as soon as I got the van... All cool white 'cos I like the LED look.

The rest are the easiest to change... Simple plug and play with G4 LED disks. (30 seconds at the most)

Rgds
M