Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

907 spain

Are we likely to have any problems picking up 907 gas replacements in Spain?
We're in Spain at the moment & have seen the 907 Gaz bottles readily available.
We're at a campsite in Estepona at the moment & they are for sale in the reception/shop.

Good one Welsh Gas. Not so many then (if you compare to the rest of W.Europe. I've noted the website, but it looks like it might be best to top up early to avoid a long drive
Cheers

Not so many then (if you compare to the rest of W.Europe. I've noted the website, but it looks like it might be best to top up early to avoid a long drive
Cheers
Don't rely on the store locator outside the typical camping season. We had a hard time finding Campingaz in southern Spain last February; not a single DYI store seems to stock gas in the winter. In the end we had our bottle replaced by an obscure gas merchant in a small town. No idea what type of gas he used and how far he filled the bottle.
Better leave home with a full bottle and a spare if you have the space (or a spare 904 bottle if you have less space). We now travel with one of those small bistro cookers, for which cartridges are easier to find.

Thanks. Just replaced mine in UK. Incidentally, I weighed before and after replacement - 4.3k vs 6.5k (although it wasn't quite empty). I wonder if this is a reliable way to work out when to replace your bottle. I'm sure there's a post or twenty on this issue!

Incidentally, I weighed before and after replacement - 4.3k vs 6.5k (although it wasn't quite empty). I wonder if this is a reliable way to work out when to replace your bottle. I'm sure there's a post or twenty on this issue!

Why not. If you know the full and empty weights you have a clear idea. Aren't the weights listen on the bottle in fact?

Last edited:
The bottle is a so called 2 kg size. Thats not the wight of the total, but the weight of the gas content. So if it weighs 5,5 kg - its will be about half full or half empty (depends on your personality :Grin). Anyway, you could have a luggage weight stored with the bottle, for easy control.

Back