Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A bit more air in the van

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
I didn't know this existed but looks like a handy solution for downstairs-sleepers. German-made, so not cheap: 650 euros. You'll have to sacrifice the rear screen-wiper. Sold by Reimo.

31299.jpg

Description:
Top hung window especially for VW T6 estate car and panel van. Instead of the rear window, a Gfk screen is glued with embossing for the top hung window. A possibly existing rear window wiper is omitted.
Excellent thermal insulation due to double, dark tinted acrylic glazing. Lightweight aluminium frame for a wall thickness of 23 - 43mm. Top hung window Dometic/Seitz S7P incl. installation frame.

EDIT: found it even cheaper at 619 euros

Last edited:
Love the concept. Volkswagen should have done this years ago on the entire rear screen.
Although, it would probably leak.
Maybe best going with this Reimo solution...

Looks good but it would not work with the bikerack , many Cali’s have a bikerack.

Looks great. A real talking point with other van owners when camping or Sat on a services with it open.

We have one of the Brandrup AirSafes, as below, plus VW wind deflectors which allow driver and passenger windows to be left open slightly at night. This combination allows great air flow on warm nights and minimal space for insects to fly in. Plus we can still keep the inconic VW bike rack on the tailgate.

I didn't know this existed but looks like a handy solution for downstairs-sleepers. German-made, so not cheap: 650 euros. You'll have to sacrifice the rear screen-wiper. Sold by Reimo.

31299.jpg

Description:
Top hung window especially for VW T6 estate car and panel van. Instead of the rear window, a Gfk screen is glued with embossing for the top hung window. A possibly existing rear window wiper is omitted.
Excellent thermal insulation due to double, dark tinted acrylic glazing. Lightweight aluminium frame for a wall thickness of 23 - 43mm. Top hung window Dometic/Seitz S7P incl. installation frame.

EDIT: found it even cheaper at 619 euros
Looks like a normal motorhome window, can be opened with a screwdriver silently in 2 seconds. Combine that with the T6.1 reclining bed base & theres no security to the boot area.

Looks great. A real talking point with other van owners when camping or Sat on a services with it open.
Opening and closing wouldn't be simple with rear seat in normal seating position. I can't reach the rear blind from inside so no chance to close without opening the tailgate.

Opening and closing wouldn't be simple with rear seat in normal seating position. I can't reach the rear blind from inside so no chance to close without opening the tailgate.
Hence me mentioning "a handy solution for downstairs-sleepers". The extra airflow would be a bliss on hot nights.

I think it looks nice on the picture but you'll swap your back window for a sheet of black fibre reinforced plastic fitted with a cheap-ish standard camper window. Easy to break in, easy to scratch (that's why you can't have a wiper) and less view from the inside... (only the window is transparent) Maybe an idea if you are into converting a secondhand panel van but not for a Cali.

Back