Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A great buy

Frank Mc

Frank Mc

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good morning all

We are just back from a 2 week trip to Holland /Germany and we bought a few bits but this particular piece is a great bit of kit for 20 euro.

This fits perfectly and make great use of a dead space. It is plastic and a bit light but great for storing bottles and a bin on the go.

We bought it in Volkswagen Campercentrum, Amerfoost, Netherland. This is a genuine VW dealer that only sell California's so they know what they are talking about.

They have an online shop also and stock a full range of Brand Up so have lots of goodies on display.

A handy weekend trip if living close to the south east of England but unfortunately for me its a ferry to Wales and 625kms to get to Dover!!

Cheers
Frank

IMG_9731.jpg IMG_9733.jpg IMG_8960.jpg IMG_8892.jpg

Totally agree they certainly know their stuff, we've bought things from there in the past excellent service.

Why if the UK are one the biggest buyers california's have we not got a dealer that's prepared to step up to the mark like Volkswagen Campercentrum.
At present we have to put up with sales departments squeezed into a van centre like an afterthought.

430 miles away.
If they really know their California, could be worth a visit come major service time. Perhaps an annual health check and a long weekend in Holland.
Are they any good...???

....sounds familiar ...:D

My experience of a “VW dealer”...

When we bought our Cali the “dealer” told us that the optional extended warranty was not an option.... then when I get the Cali’s first service I happen to mention it to the service manager who says that the extended warranty IS possible on all VW’s... however this had to be done within the first six months of purchase but as I was in for its first annual service I missed this....

So I get 2 different stories form the same dealer and missed my opportunity of buying the extended warranty....

And all this because they were not familiar with California’s.... an absolute joke...

So your correct with your question Susi Bus... why not a sole Cali dealer in every county that they are sold in.... ???

As an alternative (and to save £19!) Poundland do a small black rectangular profile flip top lidded bin that also fits this space perfectly. We chucked the lid and just use the bin.

I dropped in there on the way back from Denmark, its a great place so nice to be able to look at everthing. They dont just do californias they also stock Westfalia campers which are rather lovely too. The Westfalia Crafter was definitely something that could tempt me away from my Cali :)

Good morning all

We are just back from a 2 week trip to Holland /Germany and we bought a few bits but this particular piece is a great bit of kit for 20 euro.

This fits perfectly and make great use of a dead space. It is plastic and a bit light but great for storing bottles and a bin on the go.

We bought it in Volkswagen Campercentrum, Amerfoost, Netherland. This is a genuine VW dealer that only sell California's so they know what they are talking about.

They have an online shop also and stock a full range of Brand Up so have lots of goodies on display.

A handy weekend trip if living close to the south east of England but unfortunately for me its a ferry to Wales and 625kms to get to Dover!!

Cheers
Frank

View attachment 38740 View attachment 38742 View attachment 38743 View attachment 38739

I have one of those bins and it makes me smile every time I see it. I use it when travelling for keeping the foldable electric kettle in and all the charging leads.

Why if the UK are one the biggest buyers california's have we not got a dealer that's prepared to step up to the mark like Volkswagen Campercentrum.
At present we have to put up with sales departments squeezed into a van centre like an afterthought.
I agree, but I don't think the issue is with any particular dealer not wishing to do this, as money is made from finance rather than sales in the new vehicle business.
The California range, being high value, would be profitable once the reputation was established.

I suspect it is more likely an issue for Volkeswagen UK (part of Inchcape plc) who do not seem to be very flexible.

VW UK or any VW dealerships do not bother to promote the Cali at the two foremost leisure shows in the UK. They do put it on a UK commercial vehicle show stand though...good thinking that!

Alan

I dropped in there on the way back from Denmark, its a great place so nice to be able to look at everthing. They dont just do californias they also stock Westfalia campers which are rather lovely too. The Westfalia Crafter was definitely something that could tempt me away from my Cali :)
We did too, and bought the same bin. Was difficult to resist other stuff though.

The Westfalia Crafter was a delight. We also looked at a used Merc Sprinter conversion in the back showroom, but was puzzled by the bed arrangement.

Alan

I've just checked and Campervancentrum have an online shop - they say they deliver to anywhere in Europe, and there's a button to opt for English Language. I may order one of those bins, I keep a number of things in that corner, only held in my my Portapotti which sits in that corner, it would be very useful if things didn't spill out when I move the loo!

Good evening BikerGran
The bin is shaped to the whole comet so 100% of the space is spaced to the bin. I bought a small bin the fits into this and string leaves space to store bottles behind it... I think it’s well worth the money...
They also sell a fly screen for the side sliding door that’s held in position with magnets and looks better quality than the Brandup fly screen.... A purchase for the start of next season though...:thumb