Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We took the plunge.....

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After much agonising and looking at a number of California's we finally took the plunge. We bought 'Ruby' a 2013 SE from its very careful owners last Sunday and a day after of putting various camping bits on board from our camping days and a bit more beside we headed to the Dorset coast on Tuesday.

We always planned if we bought a Cali our first trip would be to Durdle Door and the weather, views and location did not disappoint. We stayed a couple of nights and then moved to Burn Bake on Purbeck.

Ruby certainly attracts attention and Cali ownership is a very socialable business on the campsites.

All in all a great first outing, we have a list of things that would be useful and will leave behind some of the clobber we took along, we are busy planning our next trip.

Ken and Shirley

After much agonising and looking at a number of California's we finally took the plunge. We bought 'Ruby' a 2013 SE from its very careful owners last Sunday and a day after of putting various camping bits on board from our camping days and a bit more beside we headed to the Dorset coast on Tuesday.

We always planned if we bought a Cali our first trip would be to Durdle Door and the weather, views and location did not disappoint. We stayed a couple of nights and then moved to Burn Bake on Purbeck.

Ruby certainly attracts attention and Cali ownership is a very socialable business on the campsites.

All in all a great first outing, we have a list of things that would be useful and will leave behind some of the clobber we took along, we are busy planning our next trip.

Ken and Shirley
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Pictures please.:thumb

Thanks for the welcome and happy to oblige with a couple from Durdle Door, as you can see we went large on the first trip setting up my son's vango drive away awning.

IMG_2129.JPG IMG_2128.JPG IMG_3356.JPG

Welcome allong !

Aww I love it down there. Am hugely jealous as work/life commitments mean we haven't been away in our van for a few weeks now. We're off on big holliberries to USA tomorrow, so no vanning for a while :(

Enjoy your beautiful van. Aren't they just the best?

Welcome Ken, Shirley and Ruby! She certainly is a lovely van and so pleased that you decided to take the plunge. You won't regret it!

Look forward to exchanging Cali experiences with you.

Thanks for the welcome and happy to oblige with a couple from Durdle Door, as you can see we went large on the first trip setting up my son's vango drive away awning.

Ha, concrete blocks to chock the wheels... chickens!

Actually I've done exactly the same when parked up on clifftops. Otherwise I just have bad dreams about somehow knocking the handbrake off when climbing down from the top bunk for a pee in the middle of the night. :shocked :D

Nice van, same spec and colour as Velma. Hope you have many happy trips.

Thanks for the welcome, the blocks were on the pitch and I had tried to use the chocks to get on to the blocks but they weren't man enough. Meanwhile a little extra security on our first night away seemed too good to pass up.

Thinking bigger chocks are in order though.

Cheers
Ken