Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A man died after becoming submerged in floodwater in his campervan

Wow how awful, I know someone whose car was disabled by flood water last week, just shows how easy it is for a mistake to be made when the weather throws a curve ball.

What with gassing, flooding, what next electrocution (could be with some of the post on here) or:
The daddy of them all97410.jpg

Very very sad. Most of us would only drive into flood water very slowly/carefully but I guess a few folks don't understand the risks or maybe he got confused (sorry if I'm stereotyping an 80 year old driver).

As soon as a vehicle starts floating - six inches deep will do it - it's really easy for it to flip over. Although not sure if that happened here.

Just what I was thinking.

Not sure this really fits in the 'Light-hearted chit-chat' section somehow.

Well no, indeed. But that Brexit thread that ran (and ran...) was in Light Hearted Chit Chat as well.
:Depressed

Some forums give that kind of section a different name, like "At The Bar" etc.

If a popular forum - like VWCOC - doesn't have a 'catch all' section like that, then there's usually a tendency for threads about tangential subjects (general motoring topics, or life in general) to still pop up, but under the more technical topic headings.

So whatever we call it, I'd advocate keeping some kind of general chat section on the site.