Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A rare beast, indeed!

I rarely see other Cali's when out and about but last night we decided to have a last minute night at Chertsey C&CC site and low and behold there were 2 there (and lots of T5 conversions). A grey one and a beige one both with bike racks. Didn't get a chance to say hello as we were only there from 7pm until 8am and they were both gone before us this morning.

I rarely see other Cali's when out and about but last night we decided to have a last minute night at Chertsey C&CC site and low and behold there were 2 there (and lots of T5 conversions). A grey one and a beige one both with bike racks. Didn't get a chance to say hello as we were only there from 7pm until 8am and they were both gone before us this morning.

There was also an Olympic blue one :)

The grey one was probably the same one that I left a message for in the Cali spotting section :)

I only have to go to the gym and there's often one there.

On a recent (non Cali trip) to La Gomera we ended up seeing 6 in as many days which given the population must make it the most Calied place on earth. Or is there another contender?

Coming back to the van when last in Wales on a narrow lane when I spotted a nice looking Cali coming towards me
As it passed me in my excitement I yelled out "California",with that the driver slammed on his brakes,his face popped out the driving door and screamed "what did you say pal".........phew I thought he was ready to kill me!
Happy to say we both saw the funny side of it
No it wasn't W.G. It was a beige van :cool:

only joking - wave to everyone thats what i say

top man! I wave at all VWs.

In an earlier incarnation I got a poor rate of return from fellow BMW 7-series drivers ...

Unlike many posters above I feel like I see a lot of Calis and Campers on the roads around York & North Yorkshire.

Last edited:
For the wavers out there, do you just do a normal wave or doues anyone do a proper VW "hang loose" wave? :) aka shaka

Back