Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

a serious rival for the Cali?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Just back from checking out the VW camper conversion scene at NEC...
hot news is the new Hymer T5 which is RHD on sale from now and looks like giving the Cali a run...nice design something different, well known motorhome brand heritage, manual roof, very flexible seating...
also available from next month via certified dealerships (names to be announced soon) will be the RHD version of Westfalia's Club Joker. And coming is a elevating roof model similar to Cali but Westy built...
interesting times ahead for VW I suspect!
am going to try posting pics in sep emails below as having major probs uploading pics at mo...site server keeps dropping on me
David

joker lr.jpg hymer2.lr.jpg hymer lr.jpg

I am sure it will have a manual roof...and will be very interesting...
still cant post pics grrrrr

Not sure why you are having trouble posting pics david I managed when I tried. martin is the one to
look into this maybe send a piture to admin@vwcaliforniaclub.com I will see if I can post it :thumb

Just seen the hymer at the motor show, looks like a pile of poop to my eyes :) fixings pretty low rent base hymer variety and the layout is rubbish (well, it doesn't work for me) I certainly can't see how they justify the show vehicle price [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

The joker, however, was very impressive, amazing layout considering the size of the base vehicle and well put together, I'm not sure I could live with the similarity to a smurf though, especially in blue! :)

We liked the joker but the Hymer was really disappointing. Think I had a frown on my faced the whole time I was near it!

Back