A very happy granny...

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So,

I went to my local van centre today and said I wanted to order a Cali.

"Yes Jenny, would you like a drive of our demonstrator?"

"No thank you. I've just finished a week's hire of one, most important for me is delivery dates, by March latest, and spec, silver grey or olympic blue, 180 DSG 4WD"

"Well, come and look at our demonstrator anyway, we can at least discuss options".

So I went outside, round the back and stood looking at .... an olympic blue 180 DSG 4WD that had so many bits and pieces on it that it was almost an options show room on wheels!

A brief and rewarding haggle and now when it finishes it's three month statutory term as a demo vehicle it becomes mine in January! YIPPEEEEEEEEE !!

Great News for you :cool .

Just make sure they don't take it to any shows / demos etc. I bought a demonstrator with 200 miles that was a year old and immaculate with the polythene still on everything. I saw another that had been to an outdoor show and parked in a field that had mud in the carpets and nicks in the roof bellows.

To be fair; from what I have seen if people want a test drive they are given a T5 or Kombi rather than a California.

When I collected my Beach the dealer had a new 180 DSG Olympic Blue that was about to be a demonstrator. Could you be in N.I.?

Andy

Hi Andy,

No, this is in Southern England, and it's not going anywhere but on tarmac :)

Lucky you! What extras did you get? We've had ours nearly 2 months now and love it to bits + can't wait to start "champervanning" next Spring (fridge holds HUGE amounts!!). Sue.

This is the list, basically travel pack, camping pack and a few other bits. Sadly the champagne I have to supply myself.

Power latching for right side door
Metallic Paint
All weather Tyres
17” Neva Alloy wheels
Silver Awning
Alcantara leather Seats
Xenon Lights
Privacy Glass
Leather Multi Function Steering wheel
Sat Nav RNS 510 with DAB
Bluetooth Premium
Lane Change assist
Rain Sensor and auto dimming rear view mirror
Towbar preparation
Servotronic (Speed sensitive power assisted steering)
Charcoal canister
Comfort Mattress
Safe Box
Mud Flaps
Tyre Pressure warning light
3 Zone climatronic air conditioning
Reversing Camera
2 Remote and I rigid keys

Congratulations!

Oh, I forgot,

By smiling sweetly and leaning heavily on my zimmer frame they also agreed to part with a set of monster mats,

I mean, we all like frail old granny's and wouldn't want them slipping over would we?

Seriously half the bits I don't even know what they do and wouldn't of ordered them but hey, they're on there and the price was good so lets have and enjoy!

Thank you Bart

I am now counting the days to the time when Albert becomes part of the family :D

Sounds like you have got a great Cali there, welcome to the club. I bought mine as ex-demo 700 miles on it, been used at trade shows & never camped in.
Do check it over carefully when you collect it in January though, make sure it has no damage.

Thank you Andy.

Was it you that I saw on the A303 the other day, mentioned in the cali spotting thread? :D

You're welcome. No not me on A303.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

This is an impressive list of options, a real rolling showroom. Congratulations for the purchase.

Back