Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to take the plunge

I would sit down with your wife and ask her to tell you again why she thinks you both shouldn’t be buying your campervan. Are you just romancing the ownership of a campervan? Are you watching too many vanlife YouTube videos? Can you deal with tripping over each other in a small campervan? Can you deal with the heat, the cold, the wet weather? Can you really afford it, or would the money be better spent on glamorous holidays? Are you really going to use it as often as your convincing yourself you are?
I am not trying to be a killjoy, but there is a reason campers sell with such low mileage. If you do get one I hope you and your family really have some great adventures!

I would sit down with your wife and ask her to tell you again why she thinks you both shouldn’t be buying your campervan. Are you just romancing the ownership of a campervan? Are you watching too many vanlife YouTube videos? Can you deal with tripping over each other in a small campervan? Can you deal with the heat, the cold, the wet weather? Can you really afford it, or would the money be better spent on glamorous holidays? Are you really going to use it as often as your convincing yourself you are?
I am not trying to be a killjoy, but there is a reason campers sell with such low mileage. If you do get one I hope you and your family really have some great adventures!
Thanks for the advice- I’ve had this conversation with my husband a few times now. We’re seasoned campers and love it, if we can do a flooded tent and not fall out I think we’re grand! I also had lots of van holidays as a kid so probably am romanticising a bit, but life is short. Bit late now though, we’re picking it up on Saturday and the excitement is pretty palpable!

Seeing your in scotland have a look at Jerba campers, employee owned company and plenty of info on website and you tube, they have VW accreditation for their conversions
Good tip, thanks. Bit late for us but we have a few jealous friends who might follow suit!