Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC issue(s)

I would have thought it should be able to tell if the car is in front of me or not. I guess it is always conservative and tends to brake rather than not but of course as we all know, unpredictable braking on the motorway is not really safe either. I have driven a Tesla and this was definitely next level but it does have sensors all over it. There are also other things about it that just seem like bad programming. For example, the system is capable of seeing far ahead but if you have the distance set to short, it'll act as if it has not seen the car in front until the last second and then brake heavily, even though it knows the car is there and could have slowed gradually. It is also frustratingly slow to react when a gap opens up in front and will then accelerate unnecessarily fast.

I love my California but there are quite a few things about it that are just poorly implemented and the ACC seems to be one of them.

The system has no way to view lane markings and no way to tell if you are planning to take the same slip road.

What system was able to do this? Tesla?
My mercedes system does all this, but the ACC works in conjunction with the lane assist, steering assist and blind spot assist, so there are three forward facing cameras, a forward radar, and long range rear and side sensors, it even has lane change assist so you can indicate and it will decide when to pullout and overtake

Back