Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Additional side awning

Nice job how do you attach it to the cali awning?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The tarp comes with guy lines, pegs and poles, so it is easy to set it up.
I attach it to the original awning with guy lines, no other modifications needed.

great idea,
sorry no pictures but we do something similar with the inexpensive kayham sun tarp thing attach it to the awning with the kador strip and fig 8 plastik strip.
also attaches directly to the other side of the van when shade is needed on the other side of the van.

That looks great. Does the Decathlon tarp have a kador strip though - I can't tell from the photos ?

I searched high and low for something similar and bought one from Lightning Leisure where they modified a Gelert tarp to include a kador strip. It's large, versatile and fits either side of the van. I wanted something more 'open' and flexible than awning sides and driveaway awnings, and this does the job nicely. More info and photos here:
http://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/10/06 ... an-awning/

No, it doesn't have a kador strip. There are only guy lines, but they can be easily fitted to overlap with the original awning for the rain performance.
The Decathlon tarp is slightly wider, so you have to use one (original) pole for a support to get a tight fit.

In any case, I doubt that anything else can beat the price performance of this cheap tarp!

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, at that price it's a steal and well worth trying out. The tarp from Lightning Leisure was £55 I think. All options a fraction of the price of less versatile awning sides ....

Back