Admin Request

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Is it possible to make it Mandatory for Members to select Vehicle Details when registering and to include Other / Looking etc:
It makes it very difficult to offer meaningful advice if the Member requesting help does not give Vehicle Details.
e.g.: Request on how to change Headlight Bulb. No idea if it is a T1, T2, T3, T4 T5, T5 facelift.

I'm sure it puts people off giving advice when they do not know which vehicle the poster has.

If it cannot be mandatory then maybe a periodical email to ALL members reminding them, and how to do it for the technically challenged, might help.

Hi Paul,

I have just looked at the back end and this is a 'required' field, along with location.

I will do a test sign up

Yes, it is a required field for new users, this has only been the case since March though.

I guess we just need to keep reminding people as it will be all the more important once people have T6's

Thanks Martin.

Help with log in please.

Have renewed and upgraded but am not getting anywhere with search

Everything!
Delayed move at all posts, have tried several times to post replies - they didn't get sent, tried support - not sent. Upgraded again to VIP, no better.

Tried iPad and desktop. Have been member for a while and have used and enjoyed forum.

If I don't log in I have no problem viewing forum.

Have emailed admin and phoned admin too.
Has it to do with non-VIP status for a few weeks? I have up-graded again last week.

Looks like you fixed it Kev :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

Thanks! :thumb

Can't function without the Forum! Heading off for a week and may have some questions, or need some info. That "search" function is so useful.

What was wrong with my connection?

I think a few settings changed before you renewed your VIP membership
Your setting are now the same as every other VIP so you should find it better now.

Back