Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice

LV have just automatically renewed the insurance on my Touran date 15.07.12.

Noticed the money out of the bank but had forgotten really about the actual date :doh

It £50 more than last year. Got another quote £50 cheaper so called them and they (LV) say I cannot cancel nor can they requote and offer a refund. If I cancel there will be a large % charge?
The lady on the phone seemed very vague.

I thought there was a 7 day cooling period?

I know Tesco used to automatically renew and you could cancel, refund and re quote if you had a cheaper quote.

:thanks

call back and you'l get a different adviser...They can tell you exactly what they will take and what the under writer will take ....you are correct and there is a cooling off period with most companies ....
Deffo call back asap....if you get another drip then demand to talk to a line manager

You normally get a certain number of days in which you can cancel without charge. LV are rumoured to be pretty good, so surprised that they are not being more helpful in this case.

cheers

This is on the back of the document. The hand book is at home and will be checked later.
LV.jpg

You should have haddetails of your "new" policy a few weeks before the renewal date. If you didn't then be pretty angry with them and be prepared to take it further.

Ok quick update.

Called them again and they have agreed to refund the difference minus £2 odd for two days insurance. :thumb

Good result. Every penny counts atm.

Thanks for your replys :grin:

Carrg said:
Ok quick update.

Called them again and they have agreed to refund the difference minus £2 odd for two days insurance. :thumb

Good result. Every penny counts atm.

Thanks for your replys :grin:

Cool .... Deffo good news and worth that call back fella :)

Back