Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aerial cable and little clips inside the upper roof?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
anyone direct me to best route for cable from tv to external temp aerial. I ran it through top of passenger door gap/seal . It rained in! Couldnt open windows etc cos of the same issue: Rain!
Also there are several tiny clip dangly thingies inside the upper roof around its perimeter.. any clues?

anyone direct me to best route for cable from tv to external temp aerial. I ran it through top of passenger door gap/seal . It rained in! Couldnt open windows etc cos of the same issue: Rain!
Also there are several tiny clip dangly thingies inside the upper roof around its perimeter.. any clues?
Fit Front Window Wind Deflectors, from VW, Dubreflecta ( I thing Forum Discount ) or ClimAir.
Window can then be left open 1cm with no rain getting in and run wire from aerial downwards, on outside of window, and then upwards to the open gap.

The clips in the roof are all explained in the Handbook, which I am sure you have read. They are for the Child Safety Net to hook on.

Fit Front Window Wind Deflectors, from VW, Dubreflecta ( I thing Forum Discount ) or ClimAir.
Window can then be left open 1cm with no rain getting in and run wire from aerial downwards, on outside of window, and then upwards to the open gap.

The clips in the roof are all explained in the Handbook, which I am sure you have read. They are for the Child Safety Net to hook on.
Ok thanks for info. I guessed that might be the solution for the rain!
Read the instructions.. Im a man you know..not known for reading things as important as that..

Birty - Try doing a search. I'm sure someone on here described how they ran their tv cable via somewhere near the water/power opening. Can't remember the detail but ingenious I thought at the time.

I usually run an aerial cable out of the top of the boot, just in between the rubber seal and the tailgate itself, it just presses into the rubber when you close the boot. Hasn't caused any leaks into the boot during strong rain, but I've only used this a few times on a temporary basis.

I've also used the Brandrup Airsafe to keep the boot open a bit, and ran the cable out of the bottom, which also gives the benefit of a bit more ventilation if you want that.

Yes would prefer a permanent solution like out of water/electric point. Dont like the idea of going via door seals considering the rain that came in!! Ok if fine though..

Ever thought about checking how the solar paneled Cali's run thiere wire in....

Why does the aerial need to be mounted externally? We have have experienced some excellent reception results just by hanging the aerial high up inside the pop top. Give it a try.

Last edited:
20150720_201109.jpg 20150720_201129.jpg 20160902_151837.jpg 20150729_100529.jpg

Tidy job :thumb
Does the blue light on the usb socket stay on all the time
therefore drawing power ?
Is that a problem or is it so minimal that it doesn´t matter.

Thats more like it! Very neat! Where did you get the internal connector/outlet from?
Hi Birty, from eBay, caravan and motorhome accessories

Tidy job :thumb
Does the blue light on the usb socket stay on all the time
therefore drawing power ?
Is that a problem or is it so minimal that it doesn´t matter.
Hi westfalia, its minimal, the cover hides it at night no problem

Back