Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

... After 2 weeks of nosing, thought I'd better register :-)

U

ukgeoff

Hello, I've been visiting here for the last 2 weeks so thought I'd do the decent thing and register!

I don't currently have a Cali and only just started looking at them. The internet's been a great place for me to learn about them and how I found this forum. I've learnt loads from here and I'll probably be able to know what I'm talking about when I get in touch with a dealer :D . I hope to have my Cali in the next couple of months - I think it will have to be a secondhand one as I believe the 2012 VW build slot for the California is only starting in August and I don't want to miss out on summer.

I'm looking forward to being here and will keep you updated when I get my Cali.

Cheers, Geoff

Re: ... After 2 weeks of nosing, thought I'd better register

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum, we have a great bunch of helpful members on here to answer any questions you may have.

What sort of spec are you looking for ? also whereabouts in the country are you?

Morning Geoff. And welcome along.
I'm glad the forum has been of help to you. A good place to do your research.
Please keep us posted of you quest to find a Cali. And if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Geoff, welcome. This is the place to be if the Cali is what you have decided upon....and why wouldn't you!! We took a while to get here via eBay; conversions; etc etc. Once we had finalised upon a Cali the info from here saved us loads and futher helped the direction. If you are planning to spend a shed load of cash on a Cali the tenner spent here will be the best tenner you spend this year.

Iain

Geoff I have sent you a pm. :thumb

Many thanks for the kind welcome, it's very much appreciated.

Also thanks to Calikev, it took me about 5 minutes to realise I can't reply to PM’s until I've made a few more posts. I will definitely follow up, so thank you for that.

The Cali I'm after will be a high spec 180 DSG with parking sensors f&r, m/f steering wheel, climatronic, awning, sat nav & privacy glass. Ideally I'd like to do a p/x on my car which is where the slight problem is. Although I haven't called a dealer yet, the car I would like to sell is a 2011 mercedes e350 cabriolet with quite a high resale value. As I understand it, California's are sold from VW van dealerships, so I can't see my car as being an attractive trade in for them.

I'm one of those folks who dreads having to sell a motor ( oi, you calling me lazy :grin: ) and knowing me, I'll probably end up buying the Cali before sorting out the merc. DOH!

ukgeoff said:
Although I haven't called a dealer yet, the car I would like to sell is a 2011 mercedes e350 cabriolet with quite a high resale value. As I understand it, California's are sold from VW van dealerships, so I can't see my car as being an attractive trade in for them.

I'm one of those folks who dreads having to sell a motor ( oi, you calling me lazy :grin: ) and knowing me, I'll probably end up buying the Cali before sorting out the merc. DOH!

We had a similar but different situation. We traded an 06 Punto in with our purchase. Dealer was happy to take it on behalf of local sales outfit. Downside was low price but like you we dread selling! We actually raised this question with other commercial outlets and they all said they would "take a look".

Iain

I PX'd a 3L Subaru Outback that had been USED (read abused...!!) It was mechanically sound but every panel had a dent and a scratch. I got a very decent PX from a VW van company though (and a good discount on the van). I imagine that they auction oldies like mine. They seem happy with most PX's though.