Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm button and system

VW Cali

VW Cali

Guest User
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
While getting our new leather upholstered seats this morning, I saw a button just to the right of the driver side door.

I pushed it. It lit up. I couldn't turn it off. But at 0830am as I set off for gym, I noticed it had switched off.

Back from gym, I sat in car for about 10 minutes after switching the engine off. Read the manual. Says button is alarm and anti-tow.

That once doors closed, and car locked it will automatically switch back on. So I did this while still seated inside car, flicking through manual.

I was there for about 10 minutes when alarm went off!

I could not switch it off. So stuck key in ignition, switched on and off, locked doors again, and alarm went off.

Purpose sort of lost on me. Can one not sit in car with ignition off and doors locked?

Any clarification will be much appreciated.

This is your button to turn off the interior motion sensor if you are sleeping or leaving dogs in the Cali and want to lock it with perimeter only alarm. Have a look at previous posts on the forum. Where are you getting the leather done and what style are you having if you don't mind me asking.

That button is for disabling the internal sensors of the alarm. You usually need to press this with the drivers door open (at least on the t5). When the door is then closed you can lock with the key fob button and it will disable internal sensors but enable the door sensors/tow sensor as normal. This is intended for when the pop top is up for example to prevent wind or the canvas moving from triggering internal sensors.

I wouldn't have expected the alarm to trigger if the button was pressed, but if you pressed it with the door closed it may have armed differently.

As above.

With drivers door opened, the internal movement alarms are activated if the button glows red.A pain if you have left dogs or kids in the car.

Press the button, it glows Amber, internal movement alarms are deactivated. Also the lift and tow sensors, useful if you are on a ferry.

This is your button to turn off the interior motion sensor if you are sleeping or leaving dogs in the Cali and want to lock it with perimeter only alarm. Have a look at previous posts on the forum. Where are you getting the leather done and what style are you having if you don't mind me asking.

Many thanks explanation, and also ones below.

I shall take pics, and upload them once I find out how to.

Select upload file from the reply box?

If you want to sit in the Cali with the doors locked don't use the key, lock doors with button on drivers door.

Also on our 2015 T5.1 when the roof is up the button on drivers door pillar automatically defaults to amber.

We're off on the night ferry to France with 2 westies.
Can we disable the alarm with dogs inside with a window slightly open ?
They are nervous enough without the alarming going off.

Yup, just press the button so it lights up amber and lock up.

However, you can't tell others what to do so loads of alarms will be going off if it's rough.

I thought you couldn't leave dogs in a vehicle on that overnight crossing because access to the car decks is not allowed.
Have you checked with the ferry operator ?

I thought you couldn't leave dogs in a vehicle on that overnight crossing because access to the car decks is not allowed.
Have you checked with the ferry operator ?
Thanks for the thought , we traveled in our car last year with the dogs.
Carefully checked with Brittany ferries. We got a pink dog paw sticker for the windscreen. We were parked with other cars with dogs. I found it very hard leaving them .
Going on Roscoff ferry, dogs stay in the the car . No kennels or dog friendly cabins. Unfortunately:(