Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"Off" button on T6 7AQ alarm??

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
No one at my VW dealership can explain how the T6 7AQ alarm works! We understand that it is supposed to have motion detection in the vehicle and it has an off button, but don't much more! - they initially thought the "Off" button was for the 230 plug!

1.) Is there a manual available on the internet?

If not, I ...
2.) assume the alarm is set by using locking it with the key fob?

3.) assume the alarm will go off if I am in the vehicle, set the lock with the key fob and move around?
... but this didn't happen when I tried it!

4.) when/how do you use the "off" button?
... I have pushed the "off" button with it unlocked and it stays red ... id est, trying to turn of motion detector before locking/activating the alarm

GRATEFUL for any help!!

P2070023.jpg

P2070024.jpg

No one at my VW dealership can explain how the T6 7AQ alarm works! We understand that it is supposed to have motion detection in the vehicle and it has an off button, but don't much more! - they initially thought the "Off" button was for the 230 plug!

1.) Is there a manual available on the internet?

If not, I ...
2.) assume the alarm is set by using locking it with the key fob?

3.) assume the alarm will go off if I am in the vehicle, set the lock with the key fob and move around?
... but this didn't happen when I tried it!

4.) when/how do you use the "off" button?
... I have pushed the "off" button with it unlocked and it stays red ... id est, trying to turn of motion detector before locking/activating the alarm

GRATEFUL for any help!!

View attachment 11821

View attachment 11822

The button you show does indeed disable the internal motion detector for the alarm system:

When you turn off the engine and open the door you will see the button either glows RED or brighter YELLOW..

The button toggles. Press and release to change from red to yellow. Press and release again to change back to red.

Now when the button glows RED as in your photo THE INTERNAL MOTION DETECTOR IS LIVE.
But when the button glows bright YELLOW THE MOTION DETECTOR IS DISARMED (i.e. it is indeed "Off") and you can safely leave your 'wolves' in the 'van and indeed leave a window part open.

Finally this toggle button stress its position from time to time, and day to day. I have mine set to YELLOW and never touch it or even think about it from one month to the next.

Good wishes, 'WolfPack'

should read: "stores its position from time to time"

thanks for this great information!! okay, i'm going down to my garage to test it out & see what happens!!

No one at my VW dealership can explain how the T6 7AQ alarm works! We understand that it is supposed to have motion detection in the vehicle and it has an off button, but don't much more!
I hope they did explain that the normal way to lock the doors when you are staying inside the vehicle is to use the button on the driver's door (near the window switches). This button locks the doors but does not activate the internal motion detector.

The button you have described on the B pillar is used for when you want to lock the doors from outside and have the motion detector turned off.

Thanks for all your aid - this helps!!

Hi, I am trying to locate the alarm button on my T6 Ocean, any ideas? Have looked on the pillar as suggested, it's not there!

Hi, I am trying to locate the alarm button on my T6 Ocean, any ideas? Have looked on the pillar as suggested, it's not there!
In the T6 right hand drive it should be on the drivers door pillar and not the left hand door pillar as in the pics above. Hope that helps.

I didnt know you could lock it from the inside without opening the door! Thanks!

image.jpeg Thanks for your reply. Have checked both door pillars, nothing there. Could it be somewhere else, or not fitted? Am I being really silly and missing it?

Mine is 6" above the vent on the left in your pic. Weird... !

I am assuming there is an alarm, isn't it standard? Garage told me to be aware when sleeping in it as alarm would go off if movement, but wasn't sure how to disarm it. Wanted to turn off the motion alarm because I have a dog.

Have contacted garage, pretty sure no alarm fitted!

Alarm ( interieur sensors) is an option....start imobilizer with remote doorlocking by keyfob is standard .
Correct me if things changed on the T6 models...

Alarm ( interieur sensors) is an option....start imobilizer with remote doorlocking by keyfob is standard .
Correct me if things changed on the T6 models...
Mine is included as standard on T6.

Mine is included as standard on T6.

Could well be , got the brochure but as i am not in to buying a 6 yet did not go in detail on the option list ....good to know!

Could well be , got the brochure but as i am not in to buying a 6 yet did not go in detail on the option list ....good to know!
I believe the alarm / immobiliser is country dependent. I'm not sure if legislation is standardised across the UK but in the UK all new vehicles have had to be fitted with at least an immobiliser since 1998.

According to the Thatcham website all VW Californias sold in the UK since 2005 are fitted with a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser.

View attachment 13329 Thanks for your reply. Have checked both door pillars, nothing there. Could it be somewhere else, or not fitted? Am I being really silly and missing it?
The T6 Ocean should be fitted with a Cat 1 alarm / immobiliser as standard. If not then this would seem to be a build error. It seems unlikely that it would be built without an alarm at all but it could be that the vehicle has been fitted with a LHD door pillar trim by mistake - therefore no button because it would be on the other side in a LHD.

Talk to the dealer. You should definitely have the button.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I have the alarm / immobiliser, it's the interior sensor that appears to be missing, can't find button anywhere! It's going back to the dealer next week for a couple of other things to be replaced, so hopefully we can sort it out then.

Back