Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alfie - you brilliant, beautiful, bloody amazing thing

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So with an Ayers Rock on order everyone assumed I would be disappointed having the "mere camper" on our 54 night cycling odyssey.

I was smiling, when they told me the AR would be "late",

I never then knew that my old dog would throw an enormous spanner in the works, but had I known then I would also have known that the Cali would be absolutely so brilliant.

Max, the old dog, always told us he preferred caravan to camper, so all our plans was to leave him in the caravan, drive out somewhere, unload the bikes off the camper, cycle 15 miles out, 15 miles back, then return to happy, smiling Max.

He had a change of plan. "I'm going to be ever so upset being left in the caravan, I'm coming with you in the camper". Rapid change of plan. Cycling now is 6 miles one way, six miles back move the camper (and Max), repeat process.

The camper has been turned into some narrow lane, bouncy pitted road, off road, down a track, day in day out, roof up and down, mobile kennel for spoilt dog, whilst carrying two bikes on a towball rack and parking up in the most bizarre, impromptu places. A tough, reliable workhorse, at home bouncing over rough track or flying along at 70mph on dual carriageway. Welcome in any pub, village hall, or as of yesterday "natural burial ground" car park because "that doesn't take up any room does it?",,,,, and also capable of doing a limbo under almost every height barrier.

A totally reliable trustworthy, flexible, amazingly adaptable and remarkably resilient workhorse.

I also sleep quite well in it, cook quite well, live quite well and have a huge fridge for keeping cold beer in.

Fabulous. Simply unique and fabulous.

Back