Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alfie, I love you! (but we only have 14 hours to save the world)......

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Part one of a passionate love in...

14 Days ago Alfie had the bench seat slid as far forward ast it goes, and a load of rubbish tipped into the back, house and garage clearance and on our way to the tip...

Then he was cleaned out, bench seat shoved back, blanket thrown over it and my two dogs shoved in it, I was trail running and took my dogs and me through all sorts of mud and filth then back home again.

Then cleaned out and (washed( blanket back over the back seats, and caravan hitched up. 940 miles, 12 nights later, Alfie has been magnificent. Tow vehicle, bedroom, touring vehicle, long distance cruiser, nothing but nothing phases him. Whatever we want he can do,

to me the moat complete, competent vehicle ever.

Some niggles, given the complexity not surprising, but really an amazing vehicle...

I really enjoy reading about your adventures in Alfie and I think it's so important to have a name for the vehicle that we use for the adventures in life.

I really enjoy reading about your adventures in Alfie and I think it's so important to have a name for the vehicle that we use for the adventures in life.

Thank you x

We went to the "official" source of the Thames yesterday,, where my avatar pic was taken. Sadly two dog-unfriendly stiles meant our dogs could not come the whole way with us. Something I am going to write about as we follow the Thames from source to Estuary over the next few months.

Part one of a passionate love in...

14 Days ago Alfie had the bench seat slid as far forward ast it goes, and a load of rubbish tipped into the back, house and garage clearance and on our way to the tip...

Then he was cleaned out, bench seat shoved back, blanket thrown over it and my two dogs shoved in it, I was trail running and took my dogs and me through all sorts of mud and filth then back home again.

Then cleaned out and (washed( blanket back over the back seats, and caravan hitched up. 940 miles, 12 nights later, Alfie has been magnificent. Tow vehicle, bedroom, touring vehicle, long distance cruiser, nothing but nothing phases him. Whatever we want he can do,

to me the moat complete, competent vehicle ever.

Some niggles, given the complexity not surprising, but really an amazing vehicle...
I may not always love you ..
But as long as there are stars above you ..
You'll never need to doubt it ..
I'll make you so sure about it ..
God only knows what I'd be without you.

It's uncategorical
A fuel burning oracle
A fantasmagorical machine
It's more than spectacular
To use the vernacular
It's wizard
It's smashing
It's keen
Oh Chitty
You Chitty...............

:Iamsorry

I'll get my coat :happy

Good grief .....

The place is turning into a pantomime ......

Starring Flash Gordon, Brian Wilson and Lord Scrumptious :sad

Whatever next ....

Someday, I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find ....... Alfie.....

We're going down like BHS,
While the abled bodied vultures monitor and pick at us,
We're going down and it's no stress,
I lay and hope for the knuckle dragging exodus,
We're going down like BHS,