Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternator charging

danvan

danvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
I’ve traded my California for a Nugget, but I think the forum members will be able to help me. Ford did something with the alternator on the van’s recent service, and I thought they’d accidentally disconnected the leisure battery charger (the Nugget has a similar display to the older California above your head, and I swear when it was charging off the engine the indicator moved, there is no “G” like on my Cali). But here’s my question. With the ignition off the battery indicator currently says 12.3v. When i turned the engine on the voltage increased, and settled around 14.1v. Does that indicate the charger is working?

I’ve traded my California for a Nugget, but I think the forum members will be able to help me. Ford did something with the alternator on the van’s recent service, and I thought they’d accidentally disconnected the leisure battery charger (the Nugget has a similar display to the older California above your head, and I swear when it was charging off the engine the indicator moved, there is no “G” like on my Cali). But here’s my question. With the ignition off the battery indicator currently says 12.3v. When i turned the engine on the voltage increased, and settled around 14.1v. Does that indicate the charger is working?
Yes. Alternator voltage rises upto about 14.4 v and will then slowly drop down as the battery charges towards full charge.