Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Angled or plain side bars ?

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All

I have convinced myself that the being built T6 Ocean requires and needs one of the above, in stainless steel, but which one?

The Ocean will be a Mojave Beige and appears to be lacking in side protection and bling that will send out the message "keep clear" do not park to close or you will come of the worse.

Both types of side bars appear in in the VW brochure. The plain side bars, shown in black, seem simple and functional. But what about the Angled side bars, are they superior?

Am looking for opinions and recommendations.

Thanks

Hi John,

I'm thinking of getting some fitted to my Ocean that I should hopefully be picking up in a week or two.

Haven't quite decided whether to yet, or whether to get black or chrome to go with Candy White, but Guy from Preston did send me some photos of the angled ones that you might be interested in, as all the photos I could see online weren't very clear!

I think they look better than the plain side bars, but still undecided whether to get them or not...

Nick

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Really happy with my black ones. They cost approximately £100 on eBay and took about 2/ 3 hours to fit.

They are a tube that have the curved ends.

I think they finish the vans off.

IMG_3664.PNG

Eeek! Those angled ones look like a tea tray has been bodged on underneath.

The problem with the mountings means that only round bars look good, anything angled never looks square.

So after this thread, does anyone have any clear photos of the angled side bars, every photo seems to be close up of the bars on google, any further away ones as be nice to see how they look from a distance?

Last edited:
Seen some factory ones on a brand new t6 Kombi sportline the angle ones looked really nice they also have puddle lights built in .
I’d go with them if I was getting some but in black!

Back