Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another long-time lurker, just ordered our Cali

Exciting!

Hopefully you have it on the road in time for the end of lockdown.

@gibcali A couple of things.

Firstly, would you be interested in starting a little WhatsApp group of us Gibraltar Cali owners? I see a few Calis around, I am sure we could rope a few more owners over time. May be useful to help us with the unique circumstances we sometimes face!

Secondly, I got an insurance quote on a 67k value of about £1500 (Argus). Obviously that is very high, and wondered if you would be prepared to give me an idea what the quote you got was?

We do have a Facebook group for Cali owners in Gib, it's fairly new and was created by all the new recent Cali owners. As we are in lockdown at the moment it is not very active, but I think it will pick up again when things improve in Spring and we can go out again. If you want to add me on Facebook then ill add you to the group https://www.facebook.com/robmorgan.fb/

My Insurance quote was around about the same, but this included the Cali, my second car and the house insurance. I reduced the value of the Cali to be what I actually paid for it with the duty refund. Masbro gave me a good discount for moving over all the insurances, they also where great and did not force me to move them over right away, just with agreement that when they expire I will move them over. I dealt with Clive there and he was very helpful.

Be carful with Argus as I believe its only 3rd party insurance, they told me they dont do fully comp on campers. I could only get fully comprehensive from Masbro.

Hi Rob, I have just done that, "Phil Morse". Let's chat more about Gib stuff over there :)

Back