Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another new Cali introduction

D

DavidM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We picked up our new Natural Grey 140 SE about a month ago and still can’t believe it. No name has stuck so far, although we tend to call ‘him’ The Van. For the last four weeks we have been lurking in the background on the forum, soaking up all the info and have made four short trips away around Devon and Cornwall. Brilliant! Every time we get back we find ourselves planning the next one. ;)

A big thanks to all that have posted such useful information and for the entertaining and friendly humour. Looking forward to meeting some of you while on our Cali adventures in the future.

David and Sue from Devon

Pic attached (hopefully!)

Cali.jpg

Afther up to now 16 views and nobody even said hi to this guy....shame..'

Hi and welcome
Looks like you already did visit a nice campsite?

Hi David and Sue; your Cali looks great (of course!).
Keep the photos coming :)

Maud

Hi Dave & Sue, Its nice to hear from you. If you get up to Cumbria sometime let us know, Im sure we could recomend some great places to stay.
banana_smiley_24.gif

Steve & Norma

We picked up our new Natural Grey 140 SE about a month ago and still can’t believe it. No name has stuck so far, although we tend to call ‘him’ The Van. For the last four weeks we have been lurking in the background on the forum, soaking up all the info and have made four short trips away around Devon and Cornwall. Brilliant! Every time we get back we find ourselves planning the next one. ;)

A big thanks to all that have posted such useful information and for the entertaining and friendly humour. Looking forward to meeting some of you while on our Cali adventures in the future.

David and Sue from Devon

Pic attached (hopefully!)

View attachment 7694

Hello....Welcome to the forum we are newish members also looking forward to a 10 day trip down your part of the world at the end of April.

Hi David and Sue, welcome to the forum.. keep a lookout for a Devon meet coming up soon ..

Hi David and Sue, welcome to the forum. Great photo, your van looks great - and it still has the tyre shine on :thumb

Colin

Hi and welcome, we are newbies too :thumb

Good evening "Him", David and Sue.

Welcome,

Welcome I have seen a New Grey Cali around the East Devon area it may be you.

Hi David and Sue, welcome to the forum. Great photo, your van looks great - and it still has the tyre shine on :thumb

Colin

Maybe he polisches his tyers.....:cool:

Hi, "him" is very nice. Last T5 generation is growing up! :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I can see we'll have to give him a proper name. :) The tyres are a bit less shiny now after a couple of wet grass sites. The photo was our first night, carefully positioned on a hard standing!

Hi Steve and Norma
I'm heading to Cumbria this weekend, would welcome site ideas. Reason for visit: to pop into Go Outdoors to return leaky boots for the second year running...might revert back to leather!

Ps have a better photo now...will download as soon as I can work it out!

Hi Dotti. Go Outdoors is in Penrith, so take a look at Lowther Caravan Park. I haven't stayed there but a friend of mine used to go regularly. Its a large site but is near to the M6 so noise might be noticable. There are a couple of campsites at Pooley Bridge, we stayed at Park Foot Caravan Park another large site but has everything, loo's and shower block was very clean. walking distance to villiage with good pub food.
To the east of of Penrith is a little villiage... Dufton it has a small camp site, not stayed there but it looks nice, we parked there for a days walking around the fell. Its a lovely little place and a nice pub too.

Take a look at them on Google earth, might help with your choice.
If I think of others I will let you know.
Safe journey.
Steve

The Quiet Site at Watermillock has a good reputation and a quirky on site bar. The CCC site at Troutbeck is good as is the CC site also at Troutbeck - neither have a pub nearby . Just above the CC site there a track where people wild camp.The CCC site at Keswick is very central with excellent access to pubs ,shops, walks, the lake and the bus station. There are several laybys on the along the side of Ullswater on the A592 which would be ok to sleep over in, there are often vans in them.
Hope this helps.