Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another one joins...

Barryjm

Barryjm

VIP Member
Hi Everyone,

I, or rather We, have been a Cali owner for 2 years. I'm Barry and and wife is Emma and we have two daughters one 13 and the other 11. I have followed the Facebook forum since we got the Cali and found the discussions and the ability to ask questions absolutely invaluable as new owners; there are so many things to learn, but now it all seems to be second nature to us. I was still discovering things 12 months in!!! Such as the electrically folding mirrors :eek:

I see there are some familiar names on this forum. It is great to be onboard and I have already received some help to a question I raised regarding finding a cover for the Cali during winter :)

Our Cali is silver, 2008, inc. cruise control, darkened side windows, bike rack, rollout awning and probably some other things, I forget...
Problems: Only a whistling drivers wing mirror which VW has now replaced (thanks Facebook Forum). Other annoyance is the connection between Kyham and rollout awning, it leaves a gap between the tent and the van at the top and I get an annoying drip where the Kaydor strips meet :(
Accessories: Kyham Awning :D , mattress topper :) , Mutze Cap :D , Cobb Cooker :D , Telescopic ladder :) and others...Could not live without the Mutze, and the Khyam was bought due to the ability to erect within 10 mins - fanastic!

Yes and I know... I have probably over done the Smilies! ;)

Hi Barry and Emma,

A great post - and welcome to the forum. We'd love to see some pics of your wonderful Cali :)

welcome.gif
to you both, hopefully we will see you at some of our meets

Welcome Barry and Emma
I'm sure your experiences of the Cali will very useful on here. 2 years of ownership is great. By the way
You can never overdue the smileys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted a photo in the photo section, also realised we have a 2009 Cali and not 2008, but what difference does a year make?!