Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

KYHAM Awning, do I need a Kador Strip?

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Morning all :)

Due to two growing teenagers who want their own space I've finally given in and bought a KYHAM Kamper Sleeper awning. My intention is to leave the Cali awning wound in and attach the KYHAM to the awning channel on the Cali awning.

Has anyone done this, and if so, will the KYHAM beading fit straight into the Cali rail or will I need an adaptor Kador Strip?

Many thanks in advance :thumb

khyam-kamper-sleeper-p92-3420_image.jpg.png

Wind awning out 6" or so, kador strip and figure of 8 between Khyam awning and channel in VW awning, wind back in to take up the slack. Works really well for us, gives a bit of flex in lining the van up. Don't think you would be able to just use the awning bead direct. Great awning btw, good size, robust and quic/easy to set up.

Agree with above replies. You don't need it if you are going to pitch it and not leave site until you pack away but if you do want the flexibility of being able to go out and about with the van then it makes it a lot easier to detach and reattach without having to completely unpeg it.

Wind awning out 6" or so, kador strip and figure of 8 between Khyam awning and channel in VW awning, wind back in to take up the slack. Works really well for us, gives a bit of flex in lining the van up. Don't think you would be able to just use the awning bead direct. Great awning btw, good size, robust and quic/easy to set up.

Thats great, thank you so much for the reply :thumb I think I may have some figure of 8 track in the garage....

Can I ask what size Kador strip is needed? Is it 6mm/6mm or 6mm/8mm?

It makes it easier if you use one especially if you're using your van to get about.

Yep, thats the plan. Also means the awning can be used for storage whilst we’re out and about :)

Thats great, thank you so much for the reply :thumb I think I may have some figure of 8 track in the garage....

Can I ask what size Kador strip is needed? Is it 6mm/6mm or 6mm/8mm?
6mm/6mm I think. Looking at the picture you posted, it is a little different to my awning, I have the motordome version with the quick erect poles. I doubt there is any difference with the driveaway connection though.

6mm/6mm I think. Looking at the picture you posted, it is a little different to my awning, I have the motordome version with the quick erect poles. I doubt there is any difference with the driveaway connection though.

Thank you again :thumb

I think there is some variation in the accuracy of kador sizing. One man's 6mm is different to someone else's. So buying through the shop (or at least someone who knows the Cali) can save some headaches. Or buy it from somewhere local where you can try a little sample.

Back