Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another question...rubber stopper things in boot area

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Sorry to ask ANOTHER question. I know this has been asked before AND answered but I can't find the thread!

After our weekend Cali activities, two rubber stoppers/end bits have appeared in the boot. About had an inch in diameter and clearly meant to be pushed into something (i.e. single ended) to stop it rattling. I've done as thorough search of the rear seat as possible but am none the wiser. I do have seat covers though which might be covering something up.

Just looked on my Cali. There are rubber stops at each ond of the front edge of the rear shelf metal frame, they must come into contact with the back of the rear seats On my Cali they are covered in what looks like selotape obviously to help prevent them falling out !

DSCN0170.JPG

Finally found the holes thanks to your post - my LORD they are hard to put back in again! I might well use some tape too to keep them in!!

Cheers! :thumb

:idea: They only come out if you lift the backrest incorrectly...so you should be doki now ;)

Chris

california180 said:
:idea: They only come out if you lift the backrest incorrectly...so you should be doki now ;)

Chris

So is getting frustrated with it and yanking it out not "correct" then...? ;) :oops:

No Matt, if you pull the loop first to raise the back the stoppers are likely to be pulled out......the secret is to pull the seat forward an inch or so before you touch the loop :thumb

Chris

california180 said:
No Matt, if you pull the loop first to raise the back the stoppers are likely to be pulled out......the secret is to pull the seat forward an inch or so before you touch the loop :thumb

Chris

Ahh I see! :thumb

I've had this problem too - several times! To put the 2 stoppers back in requires removing the plastic housing on the bed frame and then a bit of a struggle trying to get them to locate properly
- very annoying!
Another reason I've found, is that when the seat is right back against the stoppers, the seat belt can get pinched in between - so when the seat belt is pulled, the stoppers are pulled out of their locating holes! Probably gaffer/duck tape the only easy answer!
Pete

I'm currently missing one after it pinged out again! Doesn't seem to make any difference though!

And the folding table rattle has returned - currently fixed by stuffing an unused nappy between the table and bench seat cushion!

KernowLad said:
And the folding table rattle has returned - currently fixed by stuffing an unused nappy between the table and bench seat cushion!
Matt pull table out just past fridge then slide back with slight pressure towards fridge so that the pin engages at the bottom of table :)

C

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

california180 said:
KernowLad said:
Matt pull table out just past fridge then slide back with slight pressure towards fridge so that the pin engages at the bottom of table :)

C

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Will try this tomorrow - cheers! :cool

Thanks so much KernowLad for your posting about the table rattle!

Have only had our Cali 2 weeks and had internmittent rattle with our table - not now! :D

Back