Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another "Special Edition"

Hubert

Hubert

VIP Member
I watched Caravan Finder on sat. TV last night (yes I know I'm sad) to see the coverage of the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon and lo and behold they showed a new Cali special edition reportedly coming too the UK.
Although not seen in great detail externally, it is more different than the standard Cali than the Berghaus was because of the furniture, so couldn't be replicated by the importers. It has plain furniture cabinet work in a colour similar to the sliding table (could this be the next change to cabinets ?). It looked to have large black alloys fitted and also had the wi-fi connection in the glove box.

Keep promising myself to go to the Salon and might finally go next year instead of the NEC.

Hubert

choplee said:
Is it the cali hospital edition .....being in white with black wheels & decals with plain white cabinet interior giving the cali a slight clinical cold hospital feel overall :?: :?:
if so check out these photo's

download/file.php?id=546

download/file.php?id=547

I like them - there's a Beach Edition as well. But apart from the furniture it is pretty easy to replicate the look.

James

Re: Another "Special Edition"

I like that too. Have to keep those black alloys spotless to avoid them blurring into the tyres & becoming lost, but very chic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Another

AndyFromTheBrac said:
I like that too. Have to keep those black alloys spotless to avoid them blurring into the tyres & becoming lost, but very chic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

it must bode well that VW are still committing to the UK. This is a factory special as well and although I realise it's not a great deal of effort in terms of production to bring it to the UK, I think it shows that VW recognise the importance of the UK market.

Wonder if the Beach version will come as well? Would suspect full Cali only :)

I see these as a sort of Sportline California.

A member on here who I was helping with LHD models bought the VW borchure back from Europe for them :) Very smart :)

James

James

Thanks for the links, they do show the van that was on TV.
Having seen the exterior more clearly I quite like the look of the contratsting black trims. Whether it will work on other colours or is available remains to be seen. The black air intake grill and fog light surrounds along with the strip down the sides look good against the white paintwork.

Hubert

You can have it in any colour as long as its white ...:)
I love it being a bit of a car dresser in my younger days with bling and things ,but don't think I would buy one if I had the choice ...

Re: Another

choplee said:
You can have it in any colour as long as its white ...:)
I love it being a bit of a car dresser in my younger days with bling and things ,but don't think I would buy one if I had the choice ...

Lee

http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/ ... a/cc5.html

Salsa Red and Silver also available but I suspect only the white will come to the UK.

They are quite expensive in Europe, so it will be interesting to see what approach VW will take with the UK. Will it be the same equipment as the SE, or more likely as they have done with the ED25 Caravelle will have a lot more equipment such as display plus and auto lights.

We watch and wait :)

James

Heard it just the white ...

I can highly recommend the Caravan Salon we went first time this year (as guests :D ) so much to see so much more than NEC which gets very samey!
recommend you check out the issue 7 VW Bus T4 and 5+ in local WHS library for report and pics!

I found a little youtube vid on the VW stand + Caravan Salon. Shows the inside of the white special edition, the VanEssa kitchen pods in the Beach and the Caddy "Tramper" :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__vQHlHkz8[/youtube]