Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone know what is this hanging down

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just noticed this hanging down in the last couple of days, it might have been there before, but the van was parked on a bank so I could see under it as I walked up to it. it flaps back-and-forth if I touch it. its on the drivers side

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

Just noticed this hanging down in the last couple of days, it might have been there before, but the van was parked on a bank so I could see under it as I walked up to it. it flaps back-and-forth if I touch it. its on the drivers side

View attachment 125565

View attachment 125566

Seems there is an pice missing.
The bolt holding this piece of metal up is no more there.
Looks like a protective piece holding an other part in place.

thats what I though, but if so whats missing ? spare tyre is still there, so what else ?

I'm told it might be a Headlight levelling sensor bracket issue, dies anyone have any idea how much that costs to fix ? I presume its a dealer job ?

That is what I was going to say. It's definately the sensor.
Can you take off your wheel on that side (right rear?) and get a closer look at it? You might want to compare to the other side (left?), and see if it's just a bolt. If so, get a new bolt and do it yourself?

. But does that mean the señor has dropped off ? It also might be a air suspension sensor ?

. But does that mean the señor has dropped off ? It also might be a air suspension sensor ?
At my knowledge, a Transporter never has air suspension (from factory).
And the sensor will still be in place, but it's only the lever that measures the suspension travel that you see hanging on. In worst case, the sensor is now broken because it's over stretched.
If you have Xenon or LED headlights, it's only for automatic adjustment of the headlights.
If you have some levelling chocs, you can drive up and try to get underneath the van to see what's happening.
As I don't have those sensors (halogen headlights), I can't help you much more from behind my pc.

It’s the LED headlights self levelling sensor bracket the sensor is still attached in that photo = follow the ball joint and bar just visible in the photo.

t looks like the fixings have come out !

Back