Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best ways of hanging fairy lights on Outside of the van?

Has anyone got a good way of putting fairy lights on the outside of their van for decoration?
I find the awning and sliding door make it difficult. Also sometimes you want the awning out, sometimes in. I don’t want to have to yank lights around every time I do that.
I started hanging them from a tree instead but then some sites don’t like you messing with trees.
I don’t mean permanently. I just mean hanging lights with battery or solar power for an attractive effect. Not for illumination.
Pictures particularly welcome!
The best way to hang lights is to put them on your Xmas tree at home

The best way to hang lights is to put them on your Xmas tree at home

Home is where you put your Xmas tree. :embarrased

f956ed6ba98ceaf5da4320a68f0a8f64.jpg Schermafbeelding 2021-01-30 om 06.27.21.png
Xmas à l'Auberg-ine 2020.jpg
C'mon, in these days when open campfires are still rarely allowed, these strings or lampions are the best alternative for chasing boredom, depressions, lions,...
Also, how do you do your Dylan without them?

Last edited:
These solar powered LUCIE lights just clip on to the awning post ….. by chance a perfect fit. They have several levels of brightness and work all night. Can be USB or solar charged View attachment 83974
Used these on Friday night, charged by usb. But on Saturday I left then attached and hoped solar would charge them. It was v sunny. But it didn’t work. Is there something you need to do to ‘activate’ solar charge?

Back