Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone paid for their own roof corrosion repair?

That’s why I sold my old van.
3 times it went to the experts at Volkswagen, each time it came back worse.
Sold the van in the end.
Never, ever would I let them useless +&£T near the roof again….!!!

O/P honestly, just let a local body shop rub down and colour in. Saves a load of time and frustration.
I think that's what I'll have to do - anyone done this / know roughly what a body shop would charge for doing all the edges of roof & front panel? Just a ballpark figure would be good to know what I'm letting myself in for .. !

I think that's what I'll have to do - anyone done this / know roughly what a body shop would charge for doing all the edges of roof & front panel? Just a ballpark figure would be good to know what I'm letting myself in for .. !
As far as treating the roof itself that is a fairly straightforward job but you would need a new roof seal which could be VW genuine part expensive. The front panel is a different thing. They were changed under warranty but I doubt you would change one if you had to pay for it yourself. I think that rubbing down any corrosion and treating it correctly then either blowing in the area or even respraying the panel is a fairly inexpensive job. Finding a paintshop with trestles and a youngmans board to get to the front panel may be harder but again easy to hire.

As far as treating the roof itself that is a fairly straightforward job but you would need a new roof seal which could be VW genuine part expensive. The front panel is a different thing. They were changed under warranty but I doubt you would change one if you had to pay for it yourself. I think that rubbing down any corrosion and treating it correctly then either blowing in the area or even respraying the panel is a fairly inexpensive job. Finding a paintshop with trestles and a youngmans board to get to the front panel may be harder but again easy to hire.
You could always be individual and have the front panel wrapped in a contrasting colour but obviously that’s a personal choice...

Our 2014 had the corrosion under the seal from new, was registered with VW but they never got around to it.

Showed it to the buyer and they were not bothered, it hadn’t got any worse since 2014.