Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ardnamurchan Peninsula

pingpal6

pingpal6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just spent 6 glorious days in Kilchoan on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula spectacular!!. cheated as we we staying in a friends croft. Weather superb but the midge was vicious. A head net, Tilley hat and covering up as much skin as possible was the only fix. First time we have been in this area and it was superb. Corran ferry cheap at £7 and quick but the road from Salen to Kilchoan a nightmare. Lots of wild camping and two campsites we came across on our travels The View Campsite on the road to the Tobermory Ferry and the Ardnamurchan Campsite through Kilchoan Village. Sanna Bay stunning white sand and views, Ardnamurchan Point Lighthouse which you can go up(lots of steps) and Mull all worth a visit. We travelled to Mull as foot passengers takes you right into Tobermory. Best fish and chips I have tasted at the Fishermans Pier (always taste better at the seaside), Aros walk to the waterfalls and the old pier, then a pint in the Mishnish pub, oldest pub in Tobermory. Petrol and most other things on the peninsula expensive so fill your tank before going across and fresh bread hard to come by.

Thanks!

I hope to do some cycling up there soon - from Glenfinnan down Loch Shiel to Strontian then round to Lochailort.

Looks beautiful on the map and I'm sure it will be just as good in reality.

Lewis

Hope the weather is kind for you, its a great part of Scotland when the sun shines

Not sure where that is but sounds Scottish?!

Just spent a week on Mull (one night on Iona - we really missed our Cali!) and absolutely LOVED it! The van was simply brilliant and the 4Motion was pretty much essential on bumpy tracks and a very hairy mountain pass in near monsoon conditions.

Think we've done about 22 nights in it now and sorted the kids sleeping (they slept 7.30-6.30ish and later every night) which helps. Waking up to gob smacking views in Mull is hard to beat.

Currently in love with Scotland!

If you like remote this is great, easy to get to from Tobermory as the ferry takes you staight into Kichoan. Hope your love affair with Scotland continues, great place when the weather shines

pingpal6 said:
If you like remote this is great, easy to get to from Tobermory as the ferry takes you staight into Kichoan. Hope your love affair with Scotland continues, great place when the weather shines

Have a nice single malt from the Tobermory distillery as a souvenir. We'll be back! Surname is Sutherland so I feel some affinity with the place. Been a few times and a particular fan of mountains. Cornwall is stunning but the powers that be forgot to install proper mountains. Dammit!